Golden Livingcenter - Napa is one of five nursing homes in Napa, California. This turns out to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. This place truly has plenty working in its favor. If you look below, you can see this facility's category ratings, which are also quite good.
Golden Livingcenter - Napa
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a favorable overall grade, this nursing home also received an impressive nursing score. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this category. Our nursing score analyzes quite a few datapoints, but the primary one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility earned a grade of B for its inspections rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our inspection ratings are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's inspections. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Livingcenter - Napa?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our third category, this facility also received a score of B for its long-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this area. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is short-term care, where this facility was given a B. This facility didn't prove to have any noticeable weaknesses. Short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Livingcenter - Napa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Livingcenter - Napa, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Livingcenter - Napa, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Livingcenter - Napa, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Livingcenter - Napa, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Livingcenter - Napa, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Livingcenter - Napa, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Livingcenter - Napa, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Livingcenter - Napa, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Livingcenter - Napa, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
In Golden Livingcenter - Napa, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Livingcenter - Napa, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Livingcenter - Napa, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Livingcenter - Napa, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Napa, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Napa, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.3 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.81 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.88 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.88 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- 60th Medical Group (Travis Afb)Acute Care - Department of Defense 18.29 miles away103 Bodin Circle Fairfield Fairfield California 94533Department of Defense(707) 423-7300
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - VacavilleAcute Care Hospitals 19.5 miles away1 Quality Drive Vacaville California 95688Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 624-4000
- Silverado Dialysis0.43 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533
- Usrc Napa, LLC0.55 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Napa Dialysis Center0.92 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938
- Fairfield Dialysis Center11.37 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Rai Chadbourne12.97 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo13.59 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Wellbound of Vallejo14.1 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070
- Vallejo Dialysis Center14.18 miles away830 Redwood Street Vallejo California 94590CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (707) 642-2017