Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana is located in Stockton, California, which is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country. This nursing home received an uninspiring overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. Keep in mind that Stockton received a city grade of B-, so should consider some other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection score. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this facility's overall performance, it did receive an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a B. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. Our nursing rating analyzes quite a few components, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility only earned a grade of D for its short-term care score, which is not a score to write home about. Our short-term care grades are considered to be most important for residents needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Based on its grade in this category, we were not surprised to discover that this nursing home was well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the figures we assessed. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 4.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care. This nursing home received an abysmal grade of F in that category. Facilities that receive this kind of score in this category likely don't provide the type of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities offer. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 92.85714 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is somewhat below what we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana, 95.72% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Living Center - Hy-Pana, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Stockton, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Stockton, California has 13 other nursing homes
- St Joseph's Medical Center of StocktonAcute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away1800 N California St Stockton California 95204Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 943-2000
- Dameron HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away525 West Acacia Street Stockton California 95203Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 944-5550
- San Joaquin General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.52 miles away500 W Hospital Road French Camp California 95231Government - Local(209) 468-6000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 14.01 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 14.65 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Sutter Tracy Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.57 miles away1420 North Tracy Blvd Tracy California 95376Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 835-1500
- Stockton Kidney Clinic0.99 miles away1523 East March Lane Suite 200 Stockton California 95210CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (209) 472-3300
- Satellite Dialysis of Stockton1.11 miles away1801 East March Lane Suite a100 Stockton California 95210CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 473-6890
- Rai North California1.45 miles away2350 N California Street Stockton California 95204Dialysis Stations: 15 (209) 943-0854
- Delta Sierra Dialysis Center1.61 miles away555 West Benjamin Holt Drive #200 Stockton California 95207CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (209) 473-2294
- Satellite Dialysis Stockton - University Park1.94 miles away590 E Harding Way Stockton California 95204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 774-5800
- Rai West March2.59 miles away3115 West March Lane Suite A Stockton California 95219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (209) 955-7527
- Port City Dialysis Center4.27 miles away1810 S. Fresno Ave. Stockton California 95206Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 946-0738
- San Joaquin General Hospital7.81 miles away7783 South Freedom Road French Camp California 95231CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 468-6085