Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion is an average-sized nursing home located in Milford, Connecticut. With an overall rating of C, this appears to be a decent nursing home. This facility has a few things working in its favor. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Milford senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility earned a short-term care score which is stronger than its overall score. We gave this nursing home a B in this area. This really helped its overall profile. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a meaningful measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home also earned favorable inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that category, with a B. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively insignificant. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of C. There are a host of subcategories included in this area. Many of these datapoints relate to staffing levels. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a somewhat discouraging figure as it is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was long-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in that area. This is a decent grade in this area. Our long-term care scores are based in part on the facility's volume of nursing care. This means a vast spectrum of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated only 86.95653 percent of its residents against pneumonia. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion, 14.81% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion, 5.22% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often caused by poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion, 6.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion, 30.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion, 13% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients that are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion, 1.31% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion, 88.93% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion, 19.48% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion, 22.11% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who maintained mobility.
In Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion, 22.11% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion, 10.93% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion, 77.84% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Milford Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.13 miles away300 Seaside Avenue Milford Connecticut 06460Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 876-4000
- Bridgeport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.51 miles away267 Grant Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06610Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 384-3000
- St Vincent's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.1 miles away2800 Main St Bridgeport Connecticut 06606Voluntary non-profit - Church(203) 576-5551
- Griffin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away130 Division St Derby Connecticut 06418Voluntary non-profit - Other(203) 732-7500
- Yale-New Haven HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away20 York St New Haven Connecticut 06504Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 688-4242
- St Charles HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.85 miles away200 Belle Terre Road Port Jefferson New York 11777Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 474-6000
- John T Mather Memorial Hospital of Port JeffersonAcute Care Hospitals 19.49 miles away75 North Country Road Port Jefferson New York 11777Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 473-1320
- Norwalk HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.83 miles away24 Stevens Street Norwalk Connecticut 06856Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 852-2000
- Davita Milford Dialysis1.46 miles away470 Bridgeport Avenue Milford Connecticut 06460CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (203) 301-9040
- Hawley Lane - Davita4.35 miles away425 Hawley Ln Stratford Connecticut 06614Dialysis Stations: 25 (203) 375-5438
- u.s.renal Care Orange Dialysis4.5 miles away240 Indian River Rd, Suite D Orange Connecticut 06477CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (203) 891-8992
- Davita Shelton Dialysis4.85 miles away750 Bridgeport Avenue Shelton Connecticut 06484CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (203) 925-9520
- Davita Bridgeport Dialysis7.34 miles away900 Madison Avenue Bridgeport Connecticut 06606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 51 (203) 335-0191
- Fresenius Medical Care of Fairfield9.04 miles away500 Kings Hwy Fairfield Connecticut 06825Dialysis Stations: 18 (203) 583-8875
- New Haven Home Dialysis9.13 miles away136 Sherman Avenue Suite 206 New Haven Connecticut 06511Dialysis Stations: 7 (203) 773-0853
- Davita New Haven Dialysis9.61 miles away15 Center Street New Haven Connecticut 06510CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (203) 859-7770