Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center is located in San Antonio, Texas, which is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the nation. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B+. A grade of this caliber requires favorable scores in most areas. This nursing home proved to be one of the better facilities in San Antonio. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Home Making
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this critical area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
This facility received high grades in the area of nursing as well. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Our nursing score is mostly based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a strong short-term care score. Indeed, we gave it an above average score of B in this category. Our short-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care, in which this facility received a B-. This turned out to be this nursing home's worst area. This is still not a poor grade. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 97.126434 percent of its residents. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who had a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 4.66% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 94.73% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for San Antonio, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Antonio, Texas has 62 other nursing homes
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away7700 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio Texas 78229Proprietary(210) 575-4000
- University Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 2.94 miles away4502 Medical Dr San Antonio Texas 78229Government - Hospital District or Authority(210) 358-2637
- Christus Santa Rosa Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away2827 Babcock Road San Antonio Texas 78229Voluntary non-profit - Church(210) 704-3342
- Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.45 miles away111 Dallas Street San Antonio Texas 78205Proprietary(210) 297-8256
- Children's Hospital of San AntonioChildrens 4.56 miles away333 N Santa Rosa St San Antonio Texas 78207Voluntary non-profit - Private(210) 704-3342
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital NwAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away9150 Huebner Rd Suite 100 San Antonio Texas 78240Proprietary(210) 575-5000
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of San AntonioAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away9522 Huebner Road San Antonio Texas 78240Proprietary(210) 478-5400
- Nix Health Care SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4.96 miles away414 Navarro, Suite 600 San Antonio Texas 78205Proprietary(210) 271-2188
- Usrc Medical Center, LLC2.12 miles away4511 Nw Loop 410 San Antonio Texas 78229CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (210) 541-0273
- Kidney Treatment Center Northwest Pa2.83 miles away3939 Medical Drive Suite 110 San Antonio Texas 78229Dialysis Stations: 24 (210) 692-3075
- University Health System Children's Kidney Center2.97 miles away4502 Medical Drive Ms 111-1 San Antonio Texas 78229Dialysis Stations: 8 (210) 358-8309
- Rosedale Kidney Disease Center3.33 miles away411 North General Mcmullen San Antonio Texas 78237CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (210) 433-6991
- Northwest Medical Center Dialysis3.48 miles away5284 Medical Drive Suite 135 San Antonio Texas 78229CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (210) 616-9699
- Bma Northwest Bexar County3.59 miles away5131 Medical Drive Suite 110 San Antonio Texas 78229CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (210) 338-7742
- San Antonio West Dialysis3.99 miles away4530 Callaghan Road San Antonio Texas 78228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (210) 431-9048
- Rivercenter Dialysis4.04 miles away1123 N. Main Street Suite 150 San Antonio Texas 78212CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (210) 270-7887