Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center is located in San Antonio, Texas, which is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the nation. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of C. A grade of this caliber requires some respectable scores. This grade is right in line with the city grade in San Antonio, which admittedly is admittedly a bit below average nationally. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its remarkable inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on San Antonio senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Home Making
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this facility really excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we still had favorable view of this nursing home's recent inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second most favorable category was its long-term care score, where it received a B-. In computing these long-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this facility only earned a D for its short-term care grade, which is not an impressive grade. With our short-term care category, we seek to forge a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. As you might expect, we learned that this nursing home provides substantially less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than a typical facility. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below the national average.
The next category we assessed is nursing, was this nursing home's weakest category. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in that area. Our nursing rating weighs a handful of data points, many of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 10.26% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 3.91% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 1.41% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 11.84% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 20.86% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 22.22% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 29.34% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 29.34% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 3.61% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Estates Rehabilitation Center, 67.07% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for San Antonio, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Antonio, Texas has 29 other nursing homes
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away7700 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio Texas 78229Proprietary(210) 575-4000
- University Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 2.94 miles away4502 Medical Dr San Antonio Texas 78229Government - Hospital District or Authority(210) 358-2637
- Christus Santa Rosa Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away2827 Babcock Road San Antonio Texas 78229Voluntary non-profit - Church(210) 704-3342
- Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.45 miles away111 Dallas Street San Antonio Texas 78205Proprietary(210) 297-8256
- Children's Hospital of San AntonioChildrens 4.56 miles away333 N Santa Rosa St San Antonio Texas 78207Voluntary non-profit - Private(210) 704-3342
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital NwAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away9150 Huebner Rd Suite 100 San Antonio Texas 78240Proprietary(210) 575-5000
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of San AntonioAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away9522 Huebner Road San Antonio Texas 78240Proprietary(210) 478-5400
- Nix Health Care SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4.96 miles away414 Navarro, Suite 600 San Antonio Texas 78205Proprietary(210) 271-2188
- Usrc Medical Center, LLC2.12 miles away4511 Nw Loop 410 San Antonio Texas 78229CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (210) 541-0273
- Kidney Treatment Center Northwest Pa2.83 miles away3939 Medical Drive Suite 110 San Antonio Texas 78229Dialysis Stations: 24 (210) 692-3075
- University Health System Children's Kidney Center2.97 miles away4502 Medical Drive Ms 111-1 San Antonio Texas 78229Dialysis Stations: 8 (210) 358-8309
- Rosedale Kidney Disease Center3.33 miles away411 North General Mcmullen San Antonio Texas 78237CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (210) 433-6991
- Northwest Medical Center Dialysis3.48 miles away5284 Medical Drive Suite 135 San Antonio Texas 78229CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (210) 616-9699
- Bma Northwest Bexar County3.59 miles away5131 Medical Drive Suite 110 San Antonio Texas 78229CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (210) 338-7742
- San Antonio West Dialysis3.99 miles away4530 Callaghan Road San Antonio Texas 78228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (210) 431-9048
- Rivercenter Dialysis4.04 miles away1123 N. Main Street Suite 150 San Antonio Texas 78212CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (210) 270-7887