Golden Crest Nursing Centre is a facility located in Providence, Rhode Island, a city with 203,571 people. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a good rating. The facilities in Providence received quality scores across the board with a city grade of a B. The best part of this place's report card was is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Golden Crest Nursing Centre
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
100 Smithfield Road,
Providence RI 02904
95.59% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned an inspection grade which is stronger than its overall score. Inspection scores are based on a nursing home's recent health inspections. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to point out that this nursing home was awarded impressive short-term care marks in this assessment. We awarded them one of our more favorable scores in this category, with a B+. This turned out to be the nursing home's second highest score. In computing our short-term care ratings, we size up a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This area is frequently a useful assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Crest Nursing Centre?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B. It actually fared better than most nursing homes in this category. For patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 82.18623 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is a few points below what we were hoping for but still a decent figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The last category we graded is nursing. We gave it a C in this area. This is a fair grade in this area. Our nursing rating focuses on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which is well below average. Lastly, although this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did very well in this subcategory.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Crest Nursing Centre Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Crest Nursing Centre, 7.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents that have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Crest Nursing Centre, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who experienced a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Crest Nursing Centre, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint can be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Crest Nursing Centre, 17.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Crest Nursing Centre, 15.01% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Crest Nursing Centre, 2.58% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Crest Nursing Centre, 94.38% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Crest Nursing Centre, 16.46% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Crest Nursing Centre, 20.63% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Golden Crest Nursing Centre, 1.22 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Crest Nursing Centre, 20.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Crest Nursing Centre, 12.45 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Crest Nursing Centre, 77.52% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Providence, RI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Providence, Rhode Island has 10 other nursing homes
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.48 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.69 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.62 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.72 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 6.07 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.68 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.74 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Davita North Providence Renal Center0.61 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Nna of Providence2.06 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Dialysis Center of Johnston3.39 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Nna - Pawtucket3.66 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Dialysis Center of Providence3.68 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket4.45 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital4.88 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital5.43 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002