Glenwood Care Center is a senior living facility in Oxnard, California, which has a population of 211,523 people. This facility appears to be ranked among the better facilities we looked at. A grade in this range requires high-end marks across the board. You flat out can't do much better than this nursing home. If you scroll down, you will see this facility's category grades, which are also strong.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Glenwood Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Oxnard senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Oxnard, California Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall score, this facility also performed well in inspections, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. We gave it an A in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
On the list of its many high-end grades, this nursing home received a top-shelf short-term care grade. In fact, it received a grade of A in this area. Short-term care grades are generally used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Glenwood Care Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Nursing grades are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth category, this facility received an extremely favorable long-term care score. Although this was not nearly as good as many of its other grades, this remains one of the stronger grades we offer. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the amount of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a dangerous illness for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glenwood Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glenwood Care Center, 4.41% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glenwood Care Center, 0.95% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glenwood Care Center, 0.54% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glenwood Care Center, 10.87% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glenwood Care Center, 17.82% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glenwood Care Center, 1.5% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glenwood Care Center, 99.59% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glenwood Care Center, 4.98% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glenwood Care Center, 7.89% of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Glenwood Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glenwood Care Center, 7.89% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glenwood Care Center, 7.7% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glenwood Care Center, 92.36% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Oxnard, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Oxnard, California has 3 other nursing homes
- St Johns Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.29 miles away1600 N Rose Ave Oxnard California 93030Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 988-2500
- Community Memorial Hospital San BuenaventuraAcute Care Hospitals 6.08 miles away147 N Brent St Ventura California 93003Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 652-5011
- Ventura County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away300 Hillmont Avenue Ventura California 93003Government - Local(805) 652-6075
- St Johns Pleasant Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away2309 Antonio Ave Camarillo California 93010Voluntary non-profit - Church(805) 389-5800
- Ojai Valley Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.58 miles away1306 Maricopa Hwy Ojai California 93023Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 640-2280
- Fmc-Oxnard1.58 miles away1801 Holser Walk, Suite 310 Oxnard California 93030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (805) 988-3339
- Davita-Oxnard Dialysis Center1.91 miles away1900 Outlet Center Dr. Oxnard California 93036CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 278-3961
- Davita-Channel Islands2.39 miles away3541 W 5th Street, ste.A Oxnard California 93030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (805) 984-5140
- Fmc-Dialysis Services Channel Islands2.73 miles away2679 S. Saviers Road, Suite B Oxnard California 93033CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 486-2929
- Fmc-Ventura4.29 miles away4567 Telephone Road, Suite 101 Ventura California 93003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (805) 658-9211
- Davita-Dialysis Center of Ventura4.85 miles away2705 Loma Vista Road, Suite 101 Ventura California 93003CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 643-7549
- Fmc-Camarillo Dialysis Center6.34 miles away3801 Las Posas Road, Suite 103 Camarillo California 93010Dialysis Stations: 15 (805) 388-2449
- Davita-Dialysis Center of Camarillo9.18 miles away2438 N. Ponderosa Drive, Suite C-101 Camarillo California 93010Dialysis Stations: 18 (805) 764-0171