Glenwood Care Center is a senior living facility in Oxnard, California, which has a population of 211,523 people. This facility appears to be ranked among the better facilities we looked at. A grade in this range requires high-end marks across the board. You flat out can't do much better than this nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Glenwood Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
We also would like to point out the fact that this facility has earned nearly flawless government inspections recently. We gave them an A in this area. Inspection grades weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category typically have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
On the list of its many high-end grades, this nursing home received a top-shelf short-term care grade. In fact, it received a grade of A in this area. Short-term care grades are generally used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Glenwood Care Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing grades are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth category, this facility received a decent long-term care score. Although this was not nearly as good as many of its other grades, this is still not a major area of concern. In the area of long-term care, we look at the amount of care provided by a facility, rather than more medically-intensive services. After we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinates 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glenwood Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glenwood Care Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glenwood Care Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents which have experienced a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glenwood Care Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered from UTI's. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glenwood Care Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glenwood Care Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glenwood Care Center, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glenwood Care Center, 95.72% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glenwood Care Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glenwood Care Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Glenwood Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glenwood Care Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glenwood Care Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glenwood Care Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Oxnard, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Oxnard, California has 3 other nursing homes
- St Johns Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.29 miles away1600 N Rose Ave Oxnard California 93030Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 988-2500
- Community Memorial Hospital San BuenaventuraAcute Care Hospitals 6.08 miles away147 N Brent St Ventura California 93003Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 652-5011
- Ventura County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away300 Hillmont Avenue Ventura California 93003Government - Local(805) 652-6075
- St Johns Pleasant Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away2309 Antonio Ave Camarillo California 93010Voluntary non-profit - Church(805) 389-5800
- Ojai Valley Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.58 miles away1306 Maricopa Hwy Ojai California 93023Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 640-2280
- Fmc-Oxnard1.58 miles away1801 Holser Walk, Suite 310 Oxnard California 93030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (805) 988-3339
- Davita-Oxnard Dialysis Center1.91 miles away1900 Outlet Center Dr. Oxnard California 93036CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 278-3961
- Davita-Channel Islands2.39 miles away3541 W 5th Street, ste.A Oxnard California 93030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (805) 984-5140
- Fmc-Dialysis Services Channel Islands2.73 miles away2679 S. Saviers Road, Suite B Oxnard California 93033CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 486-2929
- Fmc-Ventura4.29 miles away4567 Telephone Road, Suite 101 Ventura California 93003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (805) 658-9211
- Davita-Dialysis Center of Ventura4.85 miles away2705 Loma Vista Road, Suite 101 Ventura California 93003CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 643-7549
- Fmc-Camarillo Dialysis Center6.34 miles away3801 Las Posas Road, Suite 103 Camarillo California 93010Dialysis Stations: 15 (805) 388-2449
- Davita-Dialysis Center of Camarillo9.18 miles away2438 N. Ponderosa Drive, Suite C-101 Camarillo California 93010Dialysis Stations: 18 (805) 764-0171