Glendora Grand is located in Glendora, California, a city with a total of 51,180 people. This facility received an overall grade of B, which is a good rating. If you take a look at the other options in Glendora, we suspect you will find this facility to be a substantially better option than most of the facilities in the city. This facility was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
805 W. Arrow Hwy.,
Glendora CA 91740
86.78% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a quality facility overall, this facility really performed well in our long-term care category, where it received a grade of A-. Few facilities did better in this area. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. After we finished assessing the amount of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.91111 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a dangerous illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.05 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Nursing grades are primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Glendora Grand?
We also found that this nursing home has earned favorable government inspections in recent years. In fact, we awarded it a B- in this category. This is better than many facilities in this category. Inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. This facility was hit with 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Our last category is short-term care, in which we awarded this nursing home a grade of B- in that area. With our short-term care grade, we try to craft a sound gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. It doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glendora Grand Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glendora Grand, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glendora Grand, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glendora Grand, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glendora Grand, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glendora Grand, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glendora Grand, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glendora Grand, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glendora Grand, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glendora Grand, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' well-being.
In Glendora Grand, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glendora Grand, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glendora Grand, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glendora Grand, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Glendora, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of D
Looking for more options? Glendora, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.41 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 9.7 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.36 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.82 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- Citrus Dialysis Center1.43 miles away315 N. Third Avenue, Suite 104 Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (626) 331-0133
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Covina1.5 miles away158 W. College Street Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 859-2522
- Davita-Glendora Foothills Dialysis1.56 miles away750 West Route 66, Suite Q Glendora California 91740Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 335-2063
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Glendora1.7 miles away638 S. Glendora Avenue Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 914-5553
- Fmc-Rai-W. Foothill Blvd-Glendora2.14 miles away120 W. Foothill Blvd. Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (626) 335-7551
- Azusa Dialysis Center, LLC2.28 miles away312 N. Azusa Avenue Azusa California 91702Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 633-1500
- Fmc-Irwindale3.32 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.4.04 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802