Glendora Grand is located in Glendora, California, a city with a total of 51,180 people. This facility received an overall grade of B-, which is a good rating. Based on our ratings, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. This place is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of our major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Glendora senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This facility fared well in the area of long-term care, where it earned an impressive grade of A. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. If not for this area, this facility's overall grade would have likely been lower. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.91673 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a great way to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for the senior population. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.05 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This nursing home also excelled in the category of nursing, where it received an B. Few facilities fared better in this category. Our nursing score is primarily associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Glendora Grand?
Looking to our inspection category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. Our inspection grades are based on the facility's health inspection reports. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. This place was assessed 8 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This means this facility avoided the more ominous categories of deficiencies. We really didn't consider anything on this place's inspection reports to be too concerning.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is short-term care. For this category, we gave this facility a grade of C. Our short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glendora Grand Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glendora Grand, 2.11% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glendora Grand, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glendora Grand, 0.71% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glendora Grand, 4.27% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glendora Grand, 22.79% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glendora Grand, 4.96% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glendora Grand, 99.96% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glendora Grand, 11.52% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glendora Grand, 3.41% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Glendora Grand, 0.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glendora Grand, 3.41% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glendora Grand, 3.26% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.41 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 9.7 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.36 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.82 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- Citrus Dialysis Center1.43 miles away315 N. Third Avenue, Suite 104 Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (626) 331-0133
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Covina1.5 miles away158 W. College Street Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 859-2522
- Davita-Glendora Foothills Dialysis1.56 miles away750 West Route 66, Suite Q Glendora California 91740Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 335-2063
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Glendora1.7 miles away638 S. Glendora Avenue Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 914-5553
- Fmc-Rai-W. Foothill Blvd-Glendora2.14 miles away120 W. Foothill Blvd. Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (626) 335-7551
- Azusa Dialysis Center, LLC2.28 miles away312 N. Azusa Avenue Azusa California 91702Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 633-1500
- Fmc-Irwindale3.32 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.4.04 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802