Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center is in Fort Wayne, Indiana, which is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country. This is a relatively poor facility, with an overall grade of D. Based on our analysis, this place likely isn't a great fit for most prospective residents. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection grade. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fort Wayne senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not very complementary of this facility's overall grade, it received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our highest scores in that category with an A. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
We also want to point out that this facility received a decent grade in our nursing category. We awarded it a grade of C in the area. Our nursing rating is largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat concerning figure as it is well below the national average. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its third most favorable category grade in the area of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this category, which is a decent grade. With our short-term care category, we try to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The more important thing is determining what effect this had on the quality of care. The final item we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is long-term care. This nursing home was given an abysmal grade of F in this area. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means the facility did not perform well in our measures relating to resident care. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 70.71823 percent of its residents. This is many points below what we expected. To our surprise, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care residents that have pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which have sustained a urinary tract infection. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 14.48% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 91.03% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glenbrook Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Fort Wayne, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fort Wayne, Indiana has 11 other nursing homes
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.6 miles away700 Broadway Fort Wayne Indiana 46802Proprietary(260) 425-3000
- Dupont Hospital LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away2520 E Dupont Rd Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Proprietary(260) 416-3000
- Parkview Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away11109 Parkview Plaza Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 266-1000
- Orthopaedic Hospital at Parkview North LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away11130 Parkview Circle Dr Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 672-4050
- Lutheran Hospital of IndianaAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away7950 W Jefferson Blvd Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Proprietary(260) 435-7001
- Parkview Whitley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.98 miles away1260 E Sr 205 Columbia City Indiana 46725Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 248-9301
- Dekalb HealthAcute Care Hospitals 18.36 miles away1316 E Seventh St Auburn Indiana 46706Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 925-4600
- Davita - Summit City Dialysis1.44 miles away3233 East Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne Indiana 46805CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (260) 373-1599
- Fmc - Dupont Dialysis4.6 miles away10204 East Dupont Circle Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46825CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 489-9255
- Davita-Fort Wayne North Dialysis4.71 miles away415 E Dupont Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Dialysis Stations: 13 (260) 637-0431
- Davita - Fort Wayne West4.9 miles away4916 Illinois Road, Suite 118 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 14 (260) 434-0483
- Davita - Fort Wayne South5.09 miles away302 E. Pettit Ave. Fort Wayne Indiana 46806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (260) 456-0451
- Davita - Appleseed5.86 miles away1833 Magnavox Way Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 4 (260) 432-1036
- Randolph Dialysis, LLC6.76 miles away6721 Old Trail Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46809Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 478-8582
- Fmc - Canal Dialysis7.24 miles away1308 Minnich Road New Haven Indiana 46774Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 749-1004