Celebrate Niles is a nursing home in Niles, Illinois, a city with a total of 29,931 people. We gave this facility a first-rate overall grade of A-. It graded out better than the average nursing home in Niles by a significant margin. We simply can not say enough great things about this place. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Niles senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Niles, Illinois Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving an elite overall rating, this facility received an A+ inspection grade. This score is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Inspection grades are tied to several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing rating is largely associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Celebrate Niles?
Short-term Care Quality
Building on its strong assessment, this facility also was awarded a dominant short-term care grade, with a score of A-. Our short-term care grades are critical for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. This means a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is long-term care. This nursing home was given an above average long-term care grade this year, with a C. While this isn't quite as dominant as several of its other scores, this is still a respectable score in this area. In forming our long-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated just 90.22988 percent of its patients. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Celebrate Niles Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Celebrate Niles, 4.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Celebrate Niles, 2.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Celebrate Niles, 0.62% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term residents which have suffered from a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Celebrate Niles, 27.27% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Celebrate Niles, 5.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Celebrate Niles, 37.95% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Celebrate Niles, 94.07% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Celebrate Niles, 17.88% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Celebrate Niles, 17.52% of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Celebrate Niles, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Celebrate Niles, 17.52% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Celebrate Niles, 12.79% of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Celebrate Niles, 56.09% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Niles, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Niles, Illinois has 5 other nursing homes
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.61 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis1.28 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis1.7 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC3.07 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Fmc - Niles3.22 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Norridge3.6 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis4.01 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Des Plaines5 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center5.07 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006