Celebrate Niles is a nursing home in Niles, Illinois, a city with a total of 29,931 people. We gave this facility a quality overall grade of B. After assessing the other alternatives in Niles, this looks like a better choice than quite a few of them. At the end of the day, this place looks like a good fit for quite a few people. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
7000 North Newark,
Niles IL 60714
93.63% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Niles, Illinois Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home also received top notch government inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our better grades in this category, with an A+. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the category of long-term care, where it was given a grade of B+. It performed better than most facilities in this area. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.32402 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a dangerous illness for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Celebrate Niles?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. Our nursing rating assesses the facility's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of training of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category was short-term care, which is the final area we assessed. For this category, we awarded this facility a D. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 4.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Celebrate Niles Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Celebrate Niles, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients which have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Celebrate Niles, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who have sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Celebrate Niles, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Celebrate Niles, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Celebrate Niles, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are typically prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Celebrate Niles, 30.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Celebrate Niles, 87.4% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Celebrate Niles, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Celebrate Niles, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Celebrate Niles, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Celebrate Niles, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Celebrate Niles, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Celebrate Niles, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Niles, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Niles, Illinois has 5 other nursing homes
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.61 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis1.28 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis1.7 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC3.07 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Fmc - Niles3.22 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Norridge3.6 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis4.01 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Des Plaines5 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center5.07 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006