Located in Glen Cove, New York, Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation is the only nursing home we were able to find there. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade in this range requires respectable marks in most areas. Based on our assessment, this facility is a solid choice for quite a few people. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Glen Cove senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Glen Cove, New York Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we gave this facility an A+ for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. This place received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we graded this facility so favorably is that it was awarded a very impressive short-term care score. In fact, short-term care turned out to be its second most favorable category score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A-. Our short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its next most favorable category score in the area of long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a C in this category, which is an acceptable grade. Our long-term care grade is often used to judge a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final area we graded was nursing, which is this nursing home's worst area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this category. Unfortunately, this grade hurt the nursing home's overall profile a bit. Our nursing grade consists of a handful of data points, however, the most important one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This statistic is far below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This facility performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, 10.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who had falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, 0.4% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, 8.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, 20.79% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were given antianxiety medication. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, 74.34% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, 98.19% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, 9.2% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, 10.25% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, 10.25% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, 8.42% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, 96.46% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- St Francis Hospital, RoslynAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away100 Port Washington Boulevard Roslyn New York 11576Voluntary non-profit - Church(516) 562-6000
- North Shore University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.92 miles away300 Community Drive Manhasset New York 11030Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 562-0100
- Montefiore New Rochelle HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 632-5000
- Nyu Winthrop HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away259 First Street Mineola New York 11501Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 663-0333
- Plainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.16 miles away888 Old Country Road Plainview New York 11803Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 719-3000
- Huntington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.63 miles away270 Park Avenue Huntington New York 11743Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 351-2000
- Nassau University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.96 miles away2201 Hempstead Turnpike East Meadow New York 11554Government - Local(516) 572-0123
- Greenwich Hospital Association -Acute Care Hospitals 11.15 miles away5 Perryridge Rd Greenwich Connecticut 06830Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 863-3000
- Glengariff Dialysis Center, LLC0.88 miles away141 Dosoris Lane Glen Cove New York 11542Dialysis Stations: 6 (516) 676-1100
- Davita Port Washington Dialysis Center4.74 miles away50 Seaview Blvd Port Washington New York 11050CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (516) 484-3460
- Nyu Langone Hospitals5.94 miles away255 Warner Avenue Roslyn Heights New York 11577Dialysis Stations: 3 (516) 626-8355
- Davita Julia and Israel Waldbaum Dialysis7.83 miles away100 Community Drive Waldbaum Dialysis Center Great Neck New York 11021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (516) 465-8250
- Davita Crossways Park Dialysis8.61 miles away113 Crossways Park Dr Suite 102 Woodbury New York 11797Dialysis Stations: 17 (516) 921-0914
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.8.86 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 235-6878
- Davita Oyster Bay Dialysis9.38 miles away17 E Old Country Road Hicksville New York 11801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (516) 681-2786
- Nyu Langone Hospitals9.5 miles away200 Old Country Road The Dialysis Center Mineola New York 11501CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (516) 663-9012