Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living facility located in Glendora, California. This city has a population of 51,180 people. Featuring an overall grade of C, this looks like a respectable nursing home. You could certainly do worse than this facility. One of the highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
This nursing home received an inspection grade which is better than its overall rating. Inspection grades are based on a facility's recent health inspections. We awarded this facility a very solid grade of B+ in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's more respectable category scores was in the category of long-term care. This ended up being its second most favorable category. In that area, we awarded this facility a B-. In determining these long-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's personal care services. Unfortunately, it looks like we are missing some of this nursing home's data for this category. Without having access to the long-term care related data for this nursing home, it ended up being a challenge to grade it in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation Center?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. There are a host of factors within this category. Most of the subcategories relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest category was short-term care, which is the final category we assessed. For this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of D. In calculating our short-term care scores, we size up the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is often a useful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Given its abysmal score in this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this nursing home provides far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other nursing homes. The last measure we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics was damning for this facility's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Glendora, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of D
Looking for more options? Glendora, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.04 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.09 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.35 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 9.91 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.36 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.39 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Glendora1.01 miles away638 S. Glendora Avenue Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 914-5553
- Davita-Glendora Foothills Dialysis1.02 miles away750 West Route 66, Suite Q Glendora California 91740Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 335-2063
- Fmc-Rai-W. Foothill Blvd-Glendora1.47 miles away120 W. Foothill Blvd. Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (626) 335-7551
- Citrus Dialysis Center2.13 miles away315 N. Third Avenue, Suite 104 Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (626) 331-0133
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Covina2.19 miles away158 W. College Street Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 859-2522
- Azusa Dialysis Center, LLC2.23 miles away312 N. Azusa Avenue Azusa California 91702Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 633-1500
- Fmc-Irwindale3.67 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.3.76 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802