Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home in Glendora, California. This is a subpar facility, with an overall grade of D. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Glendora. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Glendora senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility earned a very good score in the area of short-term care. We gave it a B for that area, which is a solid score. In our short-term care grade, we seek to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility also received a very impressive nursing rating. In fact, this turned out to be its second best grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an B. Nursing grades are primarily based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed was long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinates 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Moving on our final category of inspections, this facility received an F in this area. Since this data is compiled by independent government inspectors, we heavily weight poor results in this area. With places that received this poor of an inspection rating, we would scrutinize the severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular facility was assessed 9 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they caused a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility also received 22 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 13.77% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 0.92% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 2.22% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 15.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 12.23% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 1.41% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 97.5% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 5.91% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 8.84% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 8.84% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 8.2% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 72.82% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.15 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.59 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.68 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.5 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 10.78 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.59 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.59 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Glendora1.04 miles away638 S. Glendora Avenue Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 914-5553
- Fmc-Rai-W. Foothill Blvd-Glendora1.6 miles away120 W. Foothill Blvd. Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (626) 335-7551
- Davita-Glendora Foothills Dialysis1.61 miles away750 West Route 66, Suite Q Glendora California 91740Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 335-2063
- Citrus Dialysis Center2.68 miles away315 N. Third Avenue, Suite 104 Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (626) 331-0133
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Covina2.72 miles away158 W. College Street Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 859-2522
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.2.88 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802
- Azusa Dialysis Center, LLC3.07 miles away312 N. Azusa Avenue Azusa California 91702Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 633-1500
- Fmc-Irwindale4.54 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944