Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home in Glendora, California. This nursing home was given an overall score of F. This facility is just about as bad as it gets. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Even though we gave this facility an abysmal overall score, we awarded it a B- for our nursing rating. Our nursing grade assesses the facility's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared with most facilities. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
We were also surprised to discover that this nursing home earned a decent short-term care score this year. We gave it a C in this category. Short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 3.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
We were also pleasantly surprised to discover that this facility earned a reasonably solid long-term care grade this year. We gave it a C in this area. Long-term care scores are based on the nursing home's volume of nursing care. This includes a vast range of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to find that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Moving on our final area of inspections, this facility received an F here. When a place has this poor of an inspection score, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. This particular facility was assessed 9 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they created a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility also received 13 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients that are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 4.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gladstone Care and Rehabilitation, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Glendora, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of D
Looking for more options? Glendora, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.15 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.59 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.68 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.5 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 10.78 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.59 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.59 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Glendora1.04 miles away638 S. Glendora Avenue Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 914-5553
- Fmc-Rai-W. Foothill Blvd-Glendora1.6 miles away120 W. Foothill Blvd. Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (626) 335-7551
- Davita-Glendora Foothills Dialysis1.61 miles away750 West Route 66, Suite Q Glendora California 91740Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 335-2063
- Citrus Dialysis Center2.68 miles away315 N. Third Avenue, Suite 104 Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (626) 331-0133
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Covina2.72 miles away158 W. College Street Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 859-2522
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.2.88 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802
- Azusa Dialysis Center, LLC3.07 miles away312 N. Azusa Avenue Azusa California 91702Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 633-1500
- Fmc-Irwindale4.54 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944