Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry is a facility in Valley Park, Missouri, which has 8,269 people. We awarded this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top quarter of all facilities in the nation. You simply can't do any better than this place. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its long-term care score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Valley Park, Missouri Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Valley Park, Missouri Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Valley Park, Missouri Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility received an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. After we finished assessing the volume of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a life threatening illness for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility does not leave this to chance. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Adding to this nursing home's impressive resume, we awarded this facility an A- for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. We weighed the qualifications of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses worked with residents, in determining our grade in this category. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is short-term care. In this area, we awarded this facility an impressive grade of B. Short-term care grades are vital for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this area is the number of residents who returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that have sustained falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 4.19% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 88.53% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.66 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Fenton Dialysis Center2.12 miles away850 Horan Dr. Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 305-1144
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC2.69 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- Bowles Avenue Dialysis3 miles away1011 Bowles Avenue Suite 210 Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 326-7130
- Town and Country West Dialysis5.03 miles away12855 N 40 Drive Suite l4 Saint Louis Missouri 63141Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 542-0049
- Crestwood Dialysis5.28 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center5.82 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Ellisville Dialysis Center6.19 miles away257 Clarkson Road Ballwin Missouri 63011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 207-7401
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis6.89 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979