Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry is a facility in Valley Park, Missouri, which has 8,269 people. We awarded this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the nation. You simply can't do any better than this place. Headlining this facility's remarkable profile is its long-term care score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Valley Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Valley Park, Missouri Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Valley Park, Missouri Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Valley Park, Missouri Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. After we finished assessing the volume of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a life threatening illness for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility does not leave this to chance. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We assessed the qualifications of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours the nurses worked with patients, in computing our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was short-term care. Contributing to its strong profile, this nursing home also excelled in this category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A for the category. Short-term care ratings are meaningful for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. This wrapped up a straight A report card for this place. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 5.4% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 86.07% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Garden View Care Center at Dougherty Ferry, 71.67% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.66 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Fenton Dialysis Center2.12 miles away850 Horan Dr. Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 305-1144
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC2.69 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- Bowles Avenue Dialysis3 miles away1011 Bowles Avenue Suite 210 Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 326-7130
- Town and Country West Dialysis5.03 miles away12855 N 40 Drive Suite l4 Saint Louis Missouri 63141Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 542-0049
- Crestwood Dialysis5.28 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center5.82 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Ellisville Dialysis Center6.19 miles away257 Clarkson Road Ballwin Missouri 63011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 207-7401
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis6.89 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979