Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon is one of four nursing homes in O Fallon, Missouri. This proved to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of C. You could certainly do worse than this place. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its stellar inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned an elite inspection grade. In fact, its inspection score was far superior to its overall score. In our inspections category, we gave this facility an A. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This facility was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a strong score in long-term care. This facility received a grade of B in this area, which happens to be one of our better scores. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 79.62963 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a middle of the road grade in the category of short-term care, where it received a C. Our short-term care scores are considered to be most important for those in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The key is determining what bearing this had on the quality of care. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
The final category we analyzed was nursing, is this facility's least impressive area. We gave this nursing home a D in that category. The nursing score includes numerous factors. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This nursing home averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This figure is far below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic can also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which were given antianxiety medication. These medications are generally prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 4.11% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 88.89% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for O Fallon, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? O Fallon, Missouri has 3 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health Saint Joseph Hospital-Lake Saint LouisAcute Care Hospitals 4.64 miles away100 Medical Plaza Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Voluntary non-profit - Church(636) 625-5200
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 11.07 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.19 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 14.24 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.72 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.45 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Saint Charles County Dialysis3.46 miles away335 Mid Rivers Mall Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 21 (636) 970-3730
- Villa of Waterbury4.42 miles away929 Waterbury Falls Drive O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 6 (636) 329-0697
- Lake St Louis Dialysis5.18 miles away200 Brevco Plaza Ste 202 Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 561-4799
- Lake St Louis at Home5.18 miles away200 Brevco Plaza Suite 202 Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Dialysis Stations: 4 (636) 625-4460
- St Peters Dialysis5.59 miles away300 1st Executive Ave #A Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 441-6070
- Fresenius Medical Services O Fallon5.97 miles away4663 Highway K O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 300-4036
- Us Renal Care St Charles Dialysis6.9 miles away2655 Muegge Road Suite 101 Saint Charles Missouri 63303Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 447-2490
- Fmc - Wentzville10.29 miles away1534 West Meyer Road Wentzville Missouri 63385Dialysis Stations: 21 (636) 887-4046