Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon is one of four nursing homes in O Fallon, Missouri. This facility was awarded an overall grade of D, which is a relatively poor rating. This isn't the worse nursing home we found, but we would still be very reluctant to recommend it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection score. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
700 Garden Path,
O Fallon MO 63366
46.11% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in O Fallon, Missouri Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that area, which is one of our highest scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second most favorable category turned out to be its short-term care score, where it was awarded a grade of C. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The tricky part is determining what effect this had on quality of care. The final metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 4.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. Nursing grades are based largely on nurse staffing levels. With a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were quite a bit below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was long-term care. We gave it an abysmal F for this area, which is a very poor score. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category may not provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities offer. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 79.66102 percent of its residents. This is quite a bit below average. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 4.19% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 88.53% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for O Fallon, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? O Fallon, Missouri has 3 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health Saint Joseph Hospital-Lake Saint LouisAcute Care Hospitals 4.64 miles away100 Medical Plaza Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Voluntary non-profit - Church(636) 625-5200
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 11.07 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.19 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 14.24 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.72 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.45 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Saint Charles County Dialysis3.46 miles away335 Mid Rivers Mall Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 21 (636) 970-3730
- Villa of Waterbury4.42 miles away929 Waterbury Falls Drive O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 6 (636) 329-0697
- Lake St Louis Dialysis5.18 miles away200 Brevco Plaza Ste 202 Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 561-4799
- Lake St Louis at Home5.18 miles away200 Brevco Plaza Suite 202 Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Dialysis Stations: 4 (636) 625-4460
- St Peters Dialysis5.59 miles away300 1st Executive Ave #A Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 441-6070
- Fresenius Medical Services O Fallon5.97 miles away4663 Highway K O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 300-4036
- Us Renal Care St Charles Dialysis6.9 miles away2655 Muegge Road Suite 101 Saint Charles Missouri 63303Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 447-2490
- Fmc - Wentzville10.29 miles away1534 West Meyer Road Wentzville Missouri 63385Dialysis Stations: 21 (636) 887-4046