Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon is one of just two nursing homes located in O Fallon, Missouri. This turns out to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. You can certainly do much worse than this nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile is its nursing grade. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on O Fallon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in O Fallon, Missouri Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A. The nursing rating analyzes several datapoints, but the main consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
In addition, this facility also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an A- for that area, which is one of our best scores. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded a strong short-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our better scores in that area with a grade of B+. Our short-term care grades are based on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest area was long-term care, which is the final category we assessed. In this area, we gave this facility a grade of just D. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 90.16393 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that have experienced a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 5.4% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 86.07% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility. Many argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Garden View Care Center of O’Fallon, 71.67% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Ssm Health Saint Joseph Hospital-Lake Saint LouisAcute Care Hospitals 4.64 miles away100 Medical Plaza Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Voluntary non-profit - Church(636) 625-5200
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 11.07 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.19 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 14.24 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.72 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.45 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Saint Charles County Dialysis3.46 miles away335 Mid Rivers Mall Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 21 (636) 970-3730
- Villa of Waterbury4.42 miles away929 Waterbury Falls Drive O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 6 (636) 329-0697
- Lake St Louis Dialysis5.18 miles away200 Brevco Plaza Ste 202 Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 561-4799
- Lake St Louis at Home5.18 miles away200 Brevco Plaza Suite 202 Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Dialysis Stations: 4 (636) 625-4460
- St Peters Dialysis5.59 miles away300 1st Executive Ave #A Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 441-6070
- Fresenius Medical Services O Fallon5.97 miles away4663 Highway K O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 300-4036
- Us Renal Care St Charles Dialysis6.9 miles away2655 Muegge Road Suite 101 Saint Charles Missouri 63303Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 447-2490
- Fmc - Wentzville10.29 miles away1534 West Meyer Road Wentzville Missouri 63385Dialysis Stations: 21 (636) 887-4046