Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized facility located in Houston, Texas. Our rating scheme was not favorable to this nursing home, as it received an overall rating of F. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Houston. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. Lastly, this facility had an ownership change in the last year. Hopefully, new ownership is able to elevate its quality standards.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Houston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of B-. We believe that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's second best category was short-term care. As it turns out, with a grade of D in this category, it still fared relatively poorly. Our short-term care grade is often used to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to offer highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Based on its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to learn that this place is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the measures we assessed. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most facilities, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Another issue was the F this nursing home received in the category of long-term care. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is a very solid statistic. Surprisingly, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
The final area we graded is nursing, where this nursing home received a very poor grade here as well. We gave it an abysmal F in this area, which is definitely a major concern. When computing our nursing grades, we weigh both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 13.75% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 0.71% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 31.87% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 11.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care patients which were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 100% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 5.83% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 13.64% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Galleria Residence and Rehabilitation Center, 13.64% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 24 other nursing homes
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away921 Gessner Houston Texas 77024Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 242-3000
- Hca Houston Healthcare WestAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away12141 Richmond Ave Houston Texas 77082Proprietary(281) 588-8080
- Texas Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away7401 South Main Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Other(713) 799-8600
- Texas Childrens HospChildrens 6.52 miles away6621 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 824-1000
- Houston Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.57 miles away6565 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 790-2221
- Memorial Hermann Texas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away6411 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 704-3700
- Sun Behavioral HoustonPsychiatric 6.91 miles away7601 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 795-5025
- Womans Hospital of Texas,TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.92 miles away7600 Fannin Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 790-1234
- Fresenius Medical Care Fondren1.34 miles away7011 Regency Square Blvd Houston Texas 77036CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 782-1810
- Sng - Hillcroft Dialysis Center1.4 miles away6015 Hillcroft, Suite 3000 Houston Texas 77081Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 772-0992
- Renal Treatment Centers Southeast, Lp1.71 miles away5920 Renwick Dr Ste A Houston Texas 77081Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 660-0073
- Houston Galleria Dialysis1.9 miles away5923 Westheimer Rd Houston Texas 77057Dialysis Stations: 12 (713) 977-1278
- Pharis Dialysis, LLC2.74 miles away8486 Bellaire Blvd. Houston Texas 77036Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 774-0309
- Kidney Care Center of Houston3.1 miles away4803 Bissonnet Street Bellaire Texas 77401Dialysis Stations: 3 (832) 834-4080
- Sng Bellaire Dialysis Center Lp3.39 miles away7243 Bissonnet Street Suite A Houston Texas 77074Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 988-7200
- Dialyspa Vi, LLC3.42 miles away6800 W Loop South Suite 190 Bellaire Texas 77401Dialysis Stations: 1 (281) 501-9081