Gables of Boutwells Landing is a nursing home located in Stillwater, Minnesota, a city with 35,024 people. It looks like this nursing home is one of the higher-graded facilities we assessed. A grade in this range requires high-end marks across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the country. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Gables of Boutwells Landing
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home also performed well in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes fared this well in this category. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an A+ for its short-term care score. Short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Gables of Boutwells Landing?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. When computing a facility's nursing rating, we consider the amount of time nurses are caring for residents as well as the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care, where this nursing home received a C. This ended up being this facility's worst category. This is nevertheless nothing to be ashamed of. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home vaccinated 98.36066 percent of its patients, which is an above average total. This place also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gables of Boutwells Landing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gables of Boutwells Landing, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients which developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gables of Boutwells Landing, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gables of Boutwells Landing, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic could also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gables of Boutwells Landing, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents who were administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gables of Boutwells Landing, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay patients that are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gables of Boutwells Landing, 4.73% of Patients
This is the percent of patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gables of Boutwells Landing, 93.57% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gables of Boutwells Landing, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gables of Boutwells Landing, 20.05% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Gables of Boutwells Landing, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gables of Boutwells Landing, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gables of Boutwells Landing, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gables of Boutwells Landing, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Stillwater, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Stillwater, Minnesota has 3 other nursing homes
- Lakeview Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away927 West Churchill Street Stillwater Minnesota 55082Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 430-5330
- Hudson Hospital & ClinicCritical Access Hospitals 7.25 miles away405 Stageline Road Hudson Wisconsin 54016Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 531-6000
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.86 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.95 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- Westfields Hospital and ClinicCritical Access Hospitals 14.83 miles away535 Hospital Rd New Richmond Wisconsin 54017Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 243-2600
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.85 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- River Falls Area HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.1 miles away1629 E Division St River Falls Wisconsin 54022Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 307-6000
- Regina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.71 miles away1175 Nininger Road Hastings Minnesota 55033Voluntary non-profit - Church(651) 480-4100
- River City Dialysis0.48 miles away1970 Northwestern Ave N Stillwater Minnesota 55082Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 430-0067
- Fresenius Medical Care - Hudson Dialysis6.61 miles away1901 Ward Ave Ste 274 Hudson Wisconsin 54016Dialysis Stations: 13 (715) 386-8390
- Davita - Hudson Dialysis7.51 miles away421 Stageline Rd Hudson Wisconsin 54016Dialysis Stations: 12 (715) 381-8240
- Maplewood Dialysis of Davita9.17 miles away2785 White Bear Ave, Suite 201 Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 779-2222
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.9.51 miles away7433 Currell Blvd Saint Paul Minnesota 55125Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 714-9948
- Fmc - Maplewood Heights9.61 miles away1725 Legacy Pkwy E Ste 200 Saint Paul Minnesota 55109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 748-7989
- Woodbury Dialysis of Davita9.79 miles away1850 Weir Dr #3 Saint Paul Minnesota 55125Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 730-4522
- Sun Ray Dialysis of Davita10.96 miles away1744 Old Hudson Road Saint Paul Minnesota 55106CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 793-5191