Boutwells Landing is a nursing home located in Stillwater, Minnesota, a city with 35,024 people. It looks like this nursing home is one of the higher-graded facilities we assessed. A grade in this range requires high-end marks across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the country. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Stillwater, Minnesota Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Stillwater, Minnesota Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Stillwater, Minnesota Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection grades account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received dominant marks in the category of short-term care. Consequently, it received one of our most impressive grades in that category with a score of A+. In determining these short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Boutwells Landing?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Nursing grades are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a resident even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care, which was a weak spot for this nursing home. We gave this nursing home a D in long-term care, making this the nursing home's least impressive area. We'd nevertheless recommend that you consider all of a facility's category grades. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home vaccinated 97.377045 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable percentage. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Boutwells Landing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Boutwells Landing, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Boutwells Landing, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often the result of poor nursing care. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Boutwells Landing, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Boutwells Landing, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Boutwells Landing, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Boutwells Landing, 4.58% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Boutwells Landing, 93.31% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Boutwells Landing, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Boutwells Landing, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Boutwells Landing, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Boutwells Landing, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Boutwells Landing, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Boutwells Landing, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Stillwater, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Stillwater, Minnesota has 3 other nursing homes
- Lakeview Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away927 West Churchill Street Stillwater Minnesota 55082Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 430-5330
- Hudson Hospital & ClinicCritical Access Hospitals 7.25 miles away405 Stageline Road Hudson Wisconsin 54016Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 531-6000
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.86 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.95 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- Westfields Hospital and ClinicCritical Access Hospitals 14.83 miles away535 Hospital Rd New Richmond Wisconsin 54017Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 243-2600
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.85 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- River Falls Area HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.1 miles away1629 E Division St River Falls Wisconsin 54022Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 307-6000
- Regina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.71 miles away1175 Nininger Road Hastings Minnesota 55033Voluntary non-profit - Church(651) 480-4100
- River City Dialysis0.48 miles away1970 Northwestern Ave N Stillwater Minnesota 55082Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 430-0067
- Fresenius Medical Care - Hudson Dialysis6.61 miles away1901 Ward Ave Ste 274 Hudson Wisconsin 54016Dialysis Stations: 13 (715) 386-8390
- Davita - Hudson Dialysis7.51 miles away421 Stageline Rd Hudson Wisconsin 54016Dialysis Stations: 12 (715) 381-8240
- Maplewood Dialysis of Davita9.17 miles away2785 White Bear Ave, Suite 201 Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 779-2222
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.9.51 miles away7433 Currell Blvd Saint Paul Minnesota 55125Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 714-9948
- Fmc - Maplewood Heights9.61 miles away1725 Legacy Pkwy E Ste 200 Saint Paul Minnesota 55109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 748-7989
- Woodbury Dialysis of Davita9.79 miles away1850 Weir Dr #3 Saint Paul Minnesota 55125Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 730-4522
- Sun Ray Dialysis of Davita10.96 miles away1744 Old Hudson Road Saint Paul Minnesota 55106CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 793-5191