Boutwells Landing is a nursing home located in Stillwater, Minnesota, a city with 35,024 people. It looks like this nursing home is one of the highest-graded facilities we assessed. It was given one of the best ratings that we offer. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the United States. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category grades, which are also strong. It's hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Stillwater senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Stillwater, Minnesota Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Stillwater, Minnesota Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Stillwater, Minnesota Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ in our inspections category. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical area. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. With our short-term care score, we seek to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Boutwells Landing?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded an impressive long-term care score as well. We gave it one of our higher scores in that category with a score of B+. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 95.161285 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final category we scored was nursing, where this nursing home received a grade of B+. This completed a very impressive report card. Not many facilities earned a B+ or better in each of our categories. We analyzed the levels of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the number of hours the nurses spent with residents, in determining our grade in this category. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Boutwells Landing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Boutwells Landing, 6.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which suffered from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Boutwells Landing, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which have suffered falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Boutwells Landing, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Boutwells Landing, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Boutwells Landing, 11.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Boutwells Landing, 4.16% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Boutwells Landing, 94.15% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Boutwells Landing, 13.41% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Boutwells Landing, 15.86% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Boutwells Landing, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Boutwells Landing, 15.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Boutwells Landing, 14.49 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Boutwells Landing, 77.42% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Lakeview Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away927 West Churchill Street Stillwater Minnesota 55082Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 430-5330
- Hudson Hospital & ClinicCritical Access Hospitals 7.25 miles away405 Stageline Road Hudson Wisconsin 54016Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 531-6000
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.86 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.95 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- Westfields Hospital and ClinicCritical Access Hospitals 14.83 miles away535 Hospital Rd New Richmond Wisconsin 54017Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 243-2600
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.85 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- River Falls Area HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.1 miles away1629 E Division St River Falls Wisconsin 54022Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 307-6000
- Regina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.71 miles away1175 Nininger Road Hastings Minnesota 55033Voluntary non-profit - Church(651) 480-4100
- River City Dialysis0.48 miles away1970 Northwestern Ave N Stillwater Minnesota 55082Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 430-0067
- Fresenius Medical Care - Hudson Dialysis6.61 miles away1901 Ward Ave Ste 274 Hudson Wisconsin 54016Dialysis Stations: 13 (715) 386-8390
- Davita - Hudson Dialysis7.51 miles away421 Stageline Rd Hudson Wisconsin 54016Dialysis Stations: 12 (715) 381-8240
- Maplewood Dialysis of Davita9.17 miles away2785 White Bear Ave, Suite 201 Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 779-2222
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.9.51 miles away7433 Currell Blvd Saint Paul Minnesota 55125Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 714-9948
- Fmc - Maplewood Heights9.61 miles away1725 Legacy Pkwy E Ste 200 Saint Paul Minnesota 55109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 748-7989
- Woodbury Dialysis of Davita9.79 miles away1850 Weir Dr #3 Saint Paul Minnesota 55125Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 730-4522
- Sun Ray Dialysis of Davita10.96 miles away1744 Old Hudson Road Saint Paul Minnesota 55106CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 793-5191