Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive scores we offer. In our view, this facility would be a great choice for most people. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar report card is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fort Lauderdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home received high marks in the area of short-term care as well. As a result, it received our highest score in that category with an A+. In our short-term care category, we try to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Building on its high-end resume, this facility also was given an excellent long-term care score, with a score of A. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the final category we graded, this nursing home received a very strong grade of A- in our nursing category. With this grade, the facility completed a straight A report card. Our nursing score weighs many data points. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning patients at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 11.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 3.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who sustained urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 1.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 17.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 0.85% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 100% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 4.74% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 7.16% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 7.16% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 9.33% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 89.71% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Fort Lauderdale, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.26 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.07 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.53 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Universal Kidney Center Inc0.08 miles away4875 Ne 20th Terrace Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Dialysis Stations: 15 (954) 958-9300
- R & S Health Group LLC1.31 miles away6264 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 776-3791
- Advanced Dialysis Center of Ft Lauderdale1.93 miles away911 E Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33334CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 318-7000
- Pompano Beach Artificial Kidney Center2.62 miles away600 Sw 3rd St #1100 Pompano Beach Florida 33060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (954) 942-5115
- Broward Dialysis2.93 miles away1500 N Federal Hwy #100 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33304Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 396-8990
- United Dialysis Center, Inc.2.98 miles away1311 E Atlantic Blvd Pompano Beach Florida 33060Dialysis Stations: 19 (754) 307-1536
- Fresenius Kidney Care-East Fort Lauderdale3.95 miles away2301 W Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33311Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 676-3897
- Oakland Dialysis Center LLC5.22 miles away3250 N State Road 7 Reef Plaza Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 717-2293