Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive scores we offer. In our view, this facility would be a great choice for most people. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar report card is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was awarded a top-shelf score of A- in our long-term care category. When facilities receive this kind of score in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our nursing rating weighs several subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning a patient more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we graded, this facility was awarded a very strong grade of A- in our short-term care category. With this grade, the facility wrapped up a straight A profile. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for people requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients that experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 94.61% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Lauderdale, Florida has 18 other nursing homes
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.26 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.07 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.53 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Universal Kidney Center Inc0.08 miles away4875 Ne 20th Terrace Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Dialysis Stations: 15 (954) 958-9300
- R & S Health Group LLC1.31 miles away6264 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 776-3791
- Advanced Dialysis Center of Ft Lauderdale1.93 miles away911 E Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33334CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 318-7000
- Pompano Beach Artificial Kidney Center2.62 miles away600 Sw 3rd St #1100 Pompano Beach Florida 33060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (954) 942-5115
- Broward Dialysis2.93 miles away1500 N Federal Hwy #100 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33304Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 396-8990
- United Dialysis Center, Inc.2.98 miles away1311 E Atlantic Blvd Pompano Beach Florida 33060Dialysis Stations: 19 (754) 307-1536
- Fresenius Kidney Care-East Fort Lauderdale3.95 miles away2301 W Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33311Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 676-3897
- Oakland Dialysis Center LLC5.22 miles away3250 N State Road 7 Reef Plaza Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 717-2293