Friendship Village of Bloomington is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Minneapolis, Minnesota with a total of 1,022,298 people. This nursing home proved to be an A+ facility. Receiving an A+ in our rating system takes first-rate scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top five percentile of all facilities nationally. As you will find below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
Friendship Village of Bloomington
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home earned a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our highest scores in that area with an A+. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a grade of A+ for its long-term care grade. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.40476 percent of its patients. This is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Friendship Village of Bloomington?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Nursing scores are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this facility also performed admirably in our short-term care category. We gave it a grade of A- for that area. This completed a straight A profile. Our short-term care ratings are believed to be most meaningful for individuals in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Friendship Village of Bloomington Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients which experienced falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 4.58% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 93.31% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels. Many would argue that mobility is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 51 other nursing homes
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- St Francis Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away1455 St Francis Avenue Shakopee Minnesota 55379Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 403-3000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.17 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Fairview Ridges HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.19 miles away201 East Nicollet Boulevard Burnsville Minnesota 55337Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 892-2101
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 9.38 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 10.7 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Edina Dialysis of Davita3.22 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis3.55 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986
- Eden Prairie Dialysis of Davita3.71 miles away14852 Scenic Heights Road Suite 255 Eden Prairie Minnesota 55344Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 934-2411
- Bloomington Dialysis of Davita4.99 miles away8591 Lyndale Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 703-5888
- Davita - Richfield5.45 miles away6601 Lyndale Ave South Suite 150 Minneapolis Minnesota 55423Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 869-2118
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita5.95 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis5.97 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Minnetonka Dialysis of Davita6.87 miles away17809 Hutchins Dr Minnetonka Minnesota 55345Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 470-9944