Friendship Village of Bloomington is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Minneapolis, Minnesota with a total of 1,022,298 people. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility. It received one of the top ratings we offer. A score in this range requires superb scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the country. As you will find below, this place performed just as well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Friendship Village of Bloomington
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Minneapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall score, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A. Our nursing rating assesses the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Friendship Village of Bloomington?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is long-term care. Adding to its dominant profile, this facility also excelled in that category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A- in that area. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 97.3822 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care score. This topped off a very favorable profile. In calculating these short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that returned home from this facility. We found that 5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Friendship Village of Bloomington Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 3.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 1.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 1.59% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 17.02% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 8.4% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 1.18% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 98.69% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 11.86% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 10.13% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 10.13% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 7.74% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Friendship Village of Bloomington, 84.4% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 15 other nursing homes
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- St Francis Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away1455 St Francis Avenue Shakopee Minnesota 55379Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 403-3000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.17 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Fairview Ridges HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.19 miles away201 East Nicollet Boulevard Burnsville Minnesota 55337Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 892-2101
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 9.38 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 10.7 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Edina Dialysis of Davita3.22 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis3.55 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986
- Eden Prairie Dialysis of Davita3.71 miles away14852 Scenic Heights Road Suite 255 Eden Prairie Minnesota 55344Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 934-2411
- Bloomington Dialysis of Davita4.99 miles away8591 Lyndale Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 703-5888
- Davita - Richfield5.45 miles away6601 Lyndale Ave South Suite 150 Minneapolis Minnesota 55423Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 869-2118
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita5.95 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis5.97 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Minnetonka Dialysis of Davita6.87 miles away17809 Hutchins Dr Minnetonka Minnesota 55345Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 470-9944