Friendship Village Chesterfield is a facility in Chesterfield, Missouri, a city with 59,223 people. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is very good rating. This facility turned out to be one of the better facilities in the city, which boasts a decent selection of nursing homes. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Friendship Village Chesterfield
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Chesterfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Chesterfield, Missouri Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this facility has received nearly flawless government inspections recently. We gave them an A in this category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to alert you to the fact that this nursing home received a top-shelf grade of A- in our long-term care category. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.8806 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Friendship Village Chesterfield?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. When calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we consider the number of hours nurses are with residents as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Missouri in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning patients at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we scored ended up being this facility's weakest area. However, even in its worst category we still awarded it an acceptable grade of B- for our short-term care category. In determining these short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. We were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Friendship Village Chesterfield Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 5.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percentage of long-term care residents who suffer from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 3.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 1.16% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 3.43% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 5.68% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 94.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 9.8% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 10.85% of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 10.85% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 5.47% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 74.98% of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Chesterfield, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Chesterfield, Missouri has 6 other nursing homes
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.15 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center3.96 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- Town and Country West Dialysis4.18 miles away12855 N 40 Drive Suite l4 Saint Louis Missouri 63141Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 542-0049
- Ellisville Dialysis Center4.86 miles away257 Clarkson Road Ballwin Missouri 63011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 207-7401
- Fmc - Creve Coeur5.43 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC6.44 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center7.45 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Saint Louis West Dialysis7.53 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis8.48 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311