Friendship Village Chesterfield is a facility in Chesterfield, Missouri, a city with 59,223 people. We awarded this facility an overall score of B+, resulting in it being ranked among the five best facilities in the city. This place definitely has plenty going for it. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Friendship Village Chesterfield
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Chesterfield, Missouri Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility earned near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an B+. In calculating our nursing grades, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Missouri in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Friendship Village Chesterfield?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was awarded favorable long-term care grades this year. Indeed, we awarded them one of our more favorable scores in that category, with a score of B. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was short-term care. This nursing home was given an above average short-term care rating in our assessment, with a grade of B. This facility really doesn't have any weak areas. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Friendship Village Chesterfield Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents that were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 4.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 88.53% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is critical to patients well-being.
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Friendship Village Chesterfield, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Chesterfield, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Chesterfield, Missouri has 9 other nursing homes
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.15 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center3.96 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- Town and Country West Dialysis4.18 miles away12855 N 40 Drive Suite l4 Saint Louis Missouri 63141Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 542-0049
- Ellisville Dialysis Center4.86 miles away257 Clarkson Road Ballwin Missouri 63011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 207-7401
- Fmc - Creve Coeur5.43 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC6.44 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center7.45 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Saint Louis West Dialysis7.53 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis8.48 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311