Friends Village at Woodstown is a senior living facility in Woodstown, New Jersey, which has a total of 9,090 people. This facility is one of the most impressive nursing homes we assessed. It was given one of the best scores that we offer. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top ten percentile of all facilities nationally. If you look further down this page, you can see this nursing home's category grades, which look to be equally strong as its overall score.
Friends Village at Woodstown
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Mar 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this nursing home excelled at short-term care. We gave them a grade of A+ in this area. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. When determining a facility's nursing rating, we consider the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Friends Village at Woodstown?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was dominant in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Only a select group of facilities performed better in this category. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a score of A-. This rounded out a straight A report card for this facility. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively minor. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Friends Village at Woodstown Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Friends Village at Woodstown, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Friends Village at Woodstown, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who had falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Friends Village at Woodstown, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Friends Village at Woodstown, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Friends Village at Woodstown, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Friends Village at Woodstown, 5.95% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Some experts argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Friends Village at Woodstown, 91.97% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Friends Village at Woodstown, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Friends Village at Woodstown, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Many argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical health.
In Friends Village at Woodstown, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Friends Village at Woodstown, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Friends Village at Woodstown, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Friends Village at Woodstown, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Inspira Medical Center ElmerAcute Care Hospitals 8.32 miles away501 West Front Street Elmer New Jersey 08318Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 363-1000
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 15.48 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 16.4 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 18.32 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 18.93 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.36 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Inspira Medical Center VinelandAcute Care Hospitals 19.4 miles away1505 W Sherman Ave Vineland New Jersey 08360Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 641-8000
- Fresenius Medical Care Swedesboro6.34 miles away301 Lexington Road Swedesboro New Jersey 08085Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 467-1269
- Us Renal Care Penns Grove7.65 miles away1 Collins Dr Suite 105 Penns Grove New Jersey 08069Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 221-8131
- Fmc Salem Dialysis9.3 miles away#5 Route 45 Salem New Jersey 08079CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 935-0949
- Davita Renal Center of Sewell12.41 miles awayRenal Center 660 Woodbury-Glassboro Rd, Suite 29 Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 464-1172
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Washington Twp12.41 miles awayDialysis Unit 300 Medical Center Dr Sewell New Jersey 08080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Fresenius Kidney Care - First State13.08 miles away608 Ferry Cut-Off New Castle Delaware 19720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (302) 328-9044
- Fresenius Kidney Care - North Wilmington13.42 miles away4000 Washington Street Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 762-2903
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine13.6 miles away303 a Street Wilmington Delaware 19801Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 658-7469