Franklin Woods Center is one of just a few available facilities in Rosedale, Maryland. This facility was given an overall grade of B+, which is a strong score. Based on our assessment, this nursing home looks like a good fit for quite a few people. We were also pleased to find that this place did not have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Franklin Woods Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a strong overall grade, this nursing home also received an elite short-term care grade. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that area, with an impressive grade of A. Our short-term care grades are presumably more meaningful for people requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Building on its impressive resume, this facility also excelled in nursing. In fact, we gave it an B+ for that category. Nursing grades are primarily associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Franklin Woods Center?
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded was this facility's weakest area. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still gave it a decent grade of C in our long-term care category. In the category of long-term care, we assess the amount of care offered by a nursing home, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 99.11894 percent of its patients. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Franklin Woods Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Franklin Woods Center, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Franklin Woods Center, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that had a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Franklin Woods Center, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who had a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Franklin Woods Center, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Franklin Woods Center, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Franklin Woods Center, 10.18% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Franklin Woods Center, 92.14% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Franklin Woods Center, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Franklin Woods Center, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Franklin Woods Center, 1.1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Franklin Woods Center, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Franklin Woods Center, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Franklin Woods Center, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Medstar Franklin Square Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.56 miles away9000 Franklin Square Drive Rosedale Maryland 21237Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 777-7850
- Medstar Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Voluntary non-profit - Other(443) 444-3902
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away4940 Eastern Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21224Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 550-0123
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 7.62 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.76 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- University of Md St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away7601 Osler Drive Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 337-1000
- Greater Baltimore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away6701 North Charles Street Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 849-2000
- Fmc of Porter Dialysis - Rosedale0.12 miles away5235 King Ave Suite 110 & 112 Rosedale Maryland 21237Dialysis Stations: 18 (410) 918-0991
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Manor Care1.07 miles away6600 Ridge Rd Rosedale Maryland 21237Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 780-7355
- Fmc of Porter Dialysis - White Marsh1.65 miles away8013 Corporate Dr Ste K Nottingham Maryland 21236Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 931-2478
- Fresenius Kidney Care Nashua Court2.22 miles away3 Nashua Court Suite H Essex Maryland 21221Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 686-1279
- Fresenius Medical Care Essex Dundalk, LLC2.37 miles away110 Stemmers Run Rd Essex Maryland 21221Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 238-7393
- Coldsprings Dialysis, LLC4.54 miles away4700 Hartford Road Baltimore Maryland 21214Dialysis Stations: 6 (443) 444-4907
- Davita Harford Road Dialysis Center4.61 miles away5800 Harford Road Baltimore Maryland 21214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (410) 444-1544
- Davita - White Square4.85 miles away1 Nashua Ct Ste E Essex Maryland 21221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (410) 687-5580