Franklin Woods Center is one of just a few available facilities in Rosedale, Maryland. This facility was given an overall grade of B+, which is a strong score. Based on our assessment, this nursing home looks like a good fit for quite a few people. We were also pleased to find that this place did not have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Franklin Woods Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Blood Administration
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a strong overall grade, this nursing home also received an elite short-term care grade. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that area, with an impressive grade of A. Our short-term care grades are presumably more meaningful for people requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing grade. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our nursing score is largely tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Franklin Woods Center?
Moving on to another of this facility's strengths, it also received a very impressive inspection score. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of B+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last area, this nursing home was awarded a decent long-term care grade. Although this isn't quite as elite as a few of its other category grades, this is truly nothing to be ashamed of. For patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.53704 percent of its patients, which is more than most nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Franklin Woods Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Franklin Woods Center, 10.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Franklin Woods Center, 2.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced falls leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Franklin Woods Center, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Franklin Woods Center, 13.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Franklin Woods Center, 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Franklin Woods Center, 10.05% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Franklin Woods Center, 92.62% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Franklin Woods Center, 19.85% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Franklin Woods Center, 30.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Franklin Woods Center, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Franklin Woods Center, 30.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Franklin Woods Center, 8.9 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Franklin Woods Center, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Medstar Franklin Square Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.56 miles away9000 Franklin Square Drive Rosedale Maryland 21237Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 777-7850
- Medstar Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Voluntary non-profit - Other(443) 444-3902
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away4940 Eastern Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21224Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 550-0123
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 7.62 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.76 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- University of Md St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away7601 Osler Drive Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 337-1000
- Greater Baltimore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away6701 North Charles Street Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 849-2000
- Fmc of Porter Dialysis - Rosedale0.12 miles away5235 King Ave Suite 110 & 112 Rosedale Maryland 21237Dialysis Stations: 18 (410) 918-0991
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Manor Care1.07 miles away6600 Ridge Rd Rosedale Maryland 21237Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 780-7355
- Fmc of Porter Dialysis - White Marsh1.65 miles away8013 Corporate Dr Ste K Nottingham Maryland 21236Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 931-2478
- Fresenius Kidney Care Nashua Court2.22 miles away3 Nashua Court Suite H Essex Maryland 21221Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 686-1279
- Fresenius Medical Care Essex Dundalk, LLC2.37 miles away110 Stemmers Run Rd Essex Maryland 21221Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 238-7393
- Coldsprings Dialysis, LLC4.54 miles away4700 Hartford Road Baltimore Maryland 21214Dialysis Stations: 6 (443) 444-4907
- Davita Harford Road Dialysis Center4.61 miles away5800 Harford Road Baltimore Maryland 21214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (410) 444-1544
- Davita - White Square4.85 miles away1 Nashua Ct Ste E Essex Maryland 21221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (410) 687-5580