Located in Franklin, Indiana, Franklin Meadows is one of five available nursing homes in the area. With an overall grade of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective residents. We were pleased to learn that this was in line with the other facilities in Franklin, which is one of the better cities in Indiana to find a nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile was its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1285 W Jefferson St,
Franklin IN 46131
66.57% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Few places fared this well in this category. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home fared well in our long-term care category. Indeed, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which turns out to be one of our highest scores. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. Once we assessed the amount of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.00333 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening ailment for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Franklin Meadows?
Short-term Care Quality
The next best category we awarded this nursing home in any category came in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a B-. Our short-term care ratings are probably more important for folks requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. This means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The next category we looked at was nursing, in which this facility was given a grade of B-. Although this proved to be its weakest category score, this is still not the end of the world. Nursing scores are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Franklin Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Franklin Meadows, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Franklin Meadows, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who sustained falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Franklin Meadows, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Franklin Meadows, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Franklin Meadows, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Franklin Meadows, 12.89% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Franklin Meadows, 91.48% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Franklin Meadows, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Franklin Meadows, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Franklin Meadows, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Franklin Meadows, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Franklin Meadows, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Franklin Meadows, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Franklin, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Franklin, Indiana has 4 other nursing homes
- Johnson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.32 miles away1125 W Jefferson St Franklin Indiana 46131Government - Local(317) 736-3300
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 10.94 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 11.5 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Major HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.8 miles away2451 Intelliplex Dr Shelbyville Indiana 46176Government - Local(317) 392-3211
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 16.94 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- Davita - Dialysis - Franklin0.28 miles away1140 W Jefferson Street, Suite A Franklin Indiana 46131Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 736-4304
- Fmc - Franklin0.31 miles away1159 West Jefferson St., Suite 201 Franklin Indiana 46131Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 736-0465
- Us Renal Care-Greenwood Renal Center9.34 miles away125 Airport Parkway, Suite 140 Greenwood Indiana 46143CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (317) 883-1280
- Davita - Indy South Dialysis10.26 miles away972 Emerson Parkway, Suite E Greenwood Indiana 46143Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 881-0641
- Fmc - Indianapolis-South11.12 miles away1350 E County Line Rd Suite L Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 865-8520
- Indiana Dialysis Company11.88 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC12.98 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Davita - Blue River Valley Renal Center15.73 miles away2309 S Miller Street Ste 100 Shelbyville Indiana 46176Dialysis Stations: 11 (317) 398-0486