Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center is located in Miami, Florida. This city is among the most populated metropolitan areas in the country with has 1,723,766 people. This is a quality nursing home with a grade of B+ overall. We were pleased to learn that many of the other facilities in Miami received similar grades. Based on our assessment, you could do much worse than this facility. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Miami senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this nursing home really excelled in our long-term care category, where it received a grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this area. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 98.861046 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection ratings are tied to many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. The nursing score includes several factors. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning residents more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is short-term care, where this nursing home was given a C. Even though this proved to be its weakest category rating, this is still not a major area of concern. Our short-term care scores are crucial for prospective residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 4.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.55% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 0.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients that had a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 0.97% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 31.17% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 33.01% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.95% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 95.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.66% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.38% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.38% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 4.48% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fountain Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center, 89.35% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- Hialeah HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away651 E 25th St Hialeah Florida 33013Proprietary(305) 693-6100
- Mount Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away4300 Alton Rd Miami Beach Florida 33140Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 674-2121
- Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami Florida 33136Government - Hospital District or Authority(305) 585-1111
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 7.76 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.99 miles away1475 W 49th St Hialeah Florida 33012Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 558-2500
- Palmetto General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away2001 W 68th St Hialeah Florida 33016Proprietary(305) 823-5000
- Miami North Dialysis0.83 miles away860 Ne 125th St Miami Florida 33161CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (305) 893-7887
- New Start Dialysis Center LLC0.93 miles away900 Ne 125 Street #210 Miami Florida 33161Dialysis Stations: 11 (786) 863-8805
- Fmc-Miami Shores, LLC2.19 miles away9999 Ne 2nd Ave Suite 119 Miami Florida 33138CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (786) 621-4888
- Golden Glades Dialysis2.48 miles away15600 Nw 15th Ave #D Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 621-1328
- Venture Dialysis Center2.48 miles away1680 Ne 164th St Miami Florida 33162Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 787-7345
- Greater Miami Dialysis2.61 miles away160 Nw 176th St #100 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 653-6033
- Center for Kidney Disease2.65 miles away1190 Nw 95th St Ste 208 Miami Florida 33150CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 691-2144
- Physicians North Beach2.8 miles away17801 Nw 2nd Ave Suite 229 Miami Florida 33169CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 653-7222