Folsom Care Center is an average-sized facility in Folsom, California. This facility is one of the highest-rated facilities we assessed. Receiving an A+ in our rating scheme requires first-rate marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top five percentile of all nursing homes in the country. As you will see below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category grades. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Folsom Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Folsom senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Folsom, California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Folsom, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Folsom, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall rating, this facility also earned an A+ inspection grade. This score is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can offer a nursing home. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we gave this facility an A+. The nursing grade analyzes many components, but the primary one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Folsom Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed is short-term care. Contributing to its first-rate resume, this facility also performed well in this category. In fact, it received a grade of of A for that category. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who returned home from the facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final area, this nursing home also was given an excellent long-term care rating, with an A. This finished off an elite report card. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to minimize unnecessary deaths for the elderly population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Folsom Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Folsom Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Folsom Care Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents that suffered falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Folsom Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered from a UTI. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Folsom Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Folsom Care Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Folsom Care Center, 5.83% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Folsom Care Center, 95.65% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Folsom Care Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Folsom Care Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Folsom Care Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Folsom Care Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Folsom Care Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Folsom Care Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Mercy Hospital of FolsomAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away1650 Creekside Drive Folsom California 95630Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 983-7400
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - RosevilleAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away1600 Eureka Road Roseville California 95661Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 784-4000
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 10.82 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 13.09 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.95 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.67 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 17.76 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Satellite Healthcare Folsom1.63 miles away210 Blue Ravine Rd Suite 100 Folsom California 95630Dialysis Stations: 13 (916) 365-8100
- Orangevale Dialysis Center2.18 miles away9267 Greenback Lane #a2 Orangevale California 95662CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 988-5666
- Rai Harding Blvd6.98 miles away1781 Santa Clara Drive Roseville California 95661Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 746-0071
- Rai Secret Ravine Parkway7.25 miles away1451 Secret Ravine Parkway Suite 130 Roseville California 95661CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 773-4000
- Davita Roseville Dialysis Center7.43 miles away1836 Sierra Gardens Dr., Suite 150 Roseville California 95661CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 772-0306
- Sunset Dialysis Center8.01 miles away3071 Gold Canal Drive Rancho Cordova California 95670CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 638-8429
- Antelope Dialysis Center8.06 miles away6406 Tupelo Drive Ste-A Citrus Heights California 95621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 721-1800
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic9.43 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644