Folsom Care Center is an average-sized facility in Folsom, California. This facility is one of the highest-rated facilities we assessed. Receiving an A+ in our rating scheme requires first-rate marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top five percentile of all nursing homes in the country. As you will see below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category grades. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
Folsom Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Best Nursing Home in Folsom, California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Folsom, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Folsom, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall rating, this facility also earned an A+ inspection grade. This score is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can offer a nursing home. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Another reason we graded this nursing home so favorably is that it was awarded an A+ short-term care score. This is just about as strong as it gets in this category. In determining our short-term care ratings, we size up a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is considered to be a solid assessment of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Folsom Care Center?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing score is based on a handful of components, but the most important one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our last area, this nursing home received a very strong long-term care rating. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in this area, rounding out a straight A profile. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Folsom Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Folsom Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Folsom Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Folsom Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Folsom Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Folsom Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients which were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are generally given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Folsom Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Folsom Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Folsom Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Folsom Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels. Many believe that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Folsom Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Folsom Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Folsom Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Folsom Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Mercy Hospital of FolsomAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away1650 Creekside Drive Folsom California 95630Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 983-7400
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - RosevilleAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away1600 Eureka Road Roseville California 95661Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 784-4000
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 10.82 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 13.09 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.95 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.67 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 17.76 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Satellite Healthcare Folsom1.63 miles away210 Blue Ravine Rd Suite 100 Folsom California 95630Dialysis Stations: 13 (916) 365-8100
- Orangevale Dialysis Center2.18 miles away9267 Greenback Lane #a2 Orangevale California 95662CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 988-5666
- Rai Harding Blvd6.98 miles away1781 Santa Clara Drive Roseville California 95661Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 746-0071
- Rai Secret Ravine Parkway7.25 miles away1451 Secret Ravine Parkway Suite 130 Roseville California 95661CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 773-4000
- Davita Roseville Dialysis Center7.43 miles away1836 Sierra Gardens Dr., Suite 150 Roseville California 95661CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 772-0306
- Sunset Dialysis Center8.01 miles away3071 Gold Canal Drive Rancho Cordova California 95670CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 638-8429
- Antelope Dialysis Center8.06 miles away6406 Tupelo Drive Ste-A Citrus Heights California 95621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 721-1800
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic9.43 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644