Florida Hospital Oceanside is one of four available facilities located in Ormond Beach, Florida. This facility was given an A- overall, which is one of the best scores that we offer. A grade of this caliber requires excellent marks across the board. This grade is better than the city grade of B+ in Ormond Beach, which is also an impressive grade. The best aspect of this facility's impressive report card is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Florida Hospital Oceanside
- Nursing Home
Updated Oct 1, 2018 by Nick Lata
264 S Atlantic Ave,
Ormond Beach FL 32176
Note: Data for Florida Hospital Oceanside has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. We weren't able to track down information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Very few facilities fared better in this area. Short-term care grades are often employed to judge a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Florida Hospital Oceanside?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. In determining our nursing grades, we analyze both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, this facility also performed admirably in the long-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ in this category. This completed a first-rate profile. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Florida Hospital Oceanside Quality Metrics
Frequency Of ER Visits
In Florida Hospital Oceanside, 0 ER visits per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of long-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Florida Hospital Oceanside, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Florida Hospital Oceanside, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Ormond Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Ormond Beach, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- Halifax Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away303 N Clyde Morris Blvd Daytona Beach Florida 32114Government - Hospital District or Authority(386) 254-4000
- Adventhealth Palm CoastAcute Care Hospitals 16.02 miles away60 Memorial Medical Pkwy Palm Coast Florida 32164Voluntary non-profit - Church(386) 586-2000
- Adventhealth New Smyrna BeachAcute Care Hospitals 19.16 miles away401 Palmetto St New Smyrna Beach Florida 32170Voluntary non-profit - Church(386) 424-5100
- Ormond Beach Dialysis2.79 miles away420 S Nova Rd Suite 7 Ormond Beach Florida 32174CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (386) 676-2405
- Daytona Beach Dialysis5.62 miles away578 Health Blvd Daytona Beach Florida 32114CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (386) 258-7322
- Dialysis Care Center of Daytona6.66 miles away720 Clyde Morris Blvd Daytona Beach Florida 32114Dialysis Stations: 17 (386) 947-9872
- Daytona South Dialysis9.02 miles away1801 S Nova Rd #306 Daytona Beach Florida 32119CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (386) 322-3625
- Davita Port Orange Davita Dialysis11.56 miles away3997 S Nova Road Port Orange Florida 32127Dialysis Stations: 16 (386) 761-7961
- Palm Coast Home Training15.79 miles away80 Pinnacles Dr Ste 1000 Palm Coast Florida 32164Dialysis Stations: 1 (386) 586-7399
- New Smyrna Beach Dialysis18.97 miles away110 S Orange St New Smyrna Beach Florida 32168Dialysis Stations: 12 (386) 409-0025
- New Smyrna Beach Artificial Kidney Center19.27 miles away821 State Road 44 New Smyrna Beach Florida 32168Dialysis Stations: 12 (386) 409-8855