Florida Hospital Oceanside is the sole facility we found in Ormond Beach, Florida. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility. This nursing home received one of the most impressive ratings we offer. A score of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top fifth of all facilities in the country. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Florida Hospital Oceanside
- Nursing Home
Updated Oct 1, 2018 by Nick Lata
264 S Atlantic Ave,
Ormond Beach FL 32176
Note: Data for Florida Hospital Oceanside has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Ormond Beach senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility has received near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. We weren't able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a very impressive short-term care grade. In fact, this is this facility's second best category score. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Florida Hospital Oceanside?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Nursing ratings are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is long-term care, where this facility was given a B+. This finished off a very favorable report card. Only a select few nursing homes received a B+ or better in every category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Florida Hospital Oceanside Quality Metrics
Frequency Of ER Visits
In Florida Hospital Oceanside, 59.39 ER visits per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of long-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Florida Hospital Oceanside, 10.73% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Florida Hospital Oceanside, 74.46% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Halifax Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away303 N Clyde Morris Blvd Daytona Beach Florida 32114Government - Hospital District or Authority(386) 254-4000
- Adventhealth Palm CoastAcute Care Hospitals 16.02 miles away60 Memorial Medical Pkwy Palm Coast Florida 32164Voluntary non-profit - Church(386) 586-2000
- Adventhealth New Smyrna BeachAcute Care Hospitals 19.16 miles away401 Palmetto St New Smyrna Beach Florida 32170Voluntary non-profit - Church(386) 424-5100
- Ormond Beach Dialysis2.79 miles away420 S Nova Rd Suite 7 Ormond Beach Florida 32174CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (386) 676-2405
- Daytona Beach Dialysis5.62 miles away578 Health Blvd Daytona Beach Florida 32114CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (386) 258-7322
- Dialysis Care Center of Daytona6.66 miles away720 Clyde Morris Blvd Daytona Beach Florida 32114Dialysis Stations: 17 (386) 947-9872
- Daytona South Dialysis9.02 miles away1801 S Nova Rd #306 Daytona Beach Florida 32119CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (386) 322-3625
- Davita Port Orange Davita Dialysis11.56 miles away3997 S Nova Road Port Orange Florida 32127Dialysis Stations: 16 (386) 761-7961
- Palm Coast Home Training15.79 miles away80 Pinnacles Dr Ste 1000 Palm Coast Florida 32164Dialysis Stations: 1 (386) 586-7399
- New Smyrna Beach Dialysis18.97 miles away110 S Orange St New Smyrna Beach Florida 32168Dialysis Stations: 12 (386) 409-0025
- New Smyrna Beach Artificial Kidney Center19.27 miles away821 State Road 44 New Smyrna Beach Florida 32168Dialysis Stations: 12 (386) 409-8855