Fircrest School, Pat N is in Seattle, Washington, which turns out to have an abundance of nursing homes. This facility received an extremely impressive overall rating of A-, making it among the ten highest rated nursing homes in the city. Based on our analysis, you can not go wrong with this place. As you can find below, this facility also performed well in our category grades. It's hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Fircrest School, Pat N
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our nursing rating. There are a number of subcategories within this area. Many of these subcategories are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A-. Not many nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Fircrest School, Pat N?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our third category, this nursing home also earned a grade of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. Our short-term care scores are probably most meaningful for those requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires more skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. We were not able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was long-term care, where this facility was given a B. This actually is this nursing home's weakest category. A facility could be doing a lot worse when it's worst score still is better than most facilities. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.85715 percent of its residents, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fircrest School, Pat N Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fircrest School, Pat N, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fircrest School, Pat N, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care residents which suffered falls which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fircrest School, Pat N, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fircrest School, Pat N, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fircrest School, Pat N, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fircrest School, Pat N, 13.74% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fircrest School, Pat N, 93.71% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fircrest School, Pat N, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fircrest School, Pat N, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that mobility is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Fircrest School, Pat N, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fircrest School, Pat N, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Seattle, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Seattle, Washington has 25 other nursing homes
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.58 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Swedish Edmonds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.33 miles away21601 76th Avenue West Edmonds Washington 98026Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 640-4000
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 5.63 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 6.5 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Nkc Lake City Kidney Center2.04 miles away14524 Bothell Way Ne Seattle Washington 98155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 365-0775
- Nkc Scribner Kidney Center2.78 miles away2150 N 107th, Suite 160 Seattle Washington 98133CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (206) 363-5090
- Puget Sound Kc South3.96 miles away21309 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace Washington 98043CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (425) 744-1095
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center5.54 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Nkc Kirkland Kidney Center5.94 miles away11327 Ne 120th St Kirkland Washington 98034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (425) 821-8785
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis6 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985
- Olympic View Dialysis Center7.77 miles away125 16th Ave E, Csb-5 Seattle Washington 98112CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (206) 323-8900
- Nkc Elliott Bay Kidney Center9.04 miles away600 Broadway, Suite 240 Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 292-2515