Fidelity Health Care is an average-sized nursing home located in El Monte, California. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of C. A grade of this caliber requires some respectable scores. Based on the data we reviewed, there are definitely much worse facilities out there. This facility was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Fidelity Health Care
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
11210 Lower Azusa Rd.,
El Monte CA 91731
69.77% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to having a decent overall grade, we also wanted to point out that this facility earned favorable health inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our better scores in that category, with a grade of B. This is a much better score than the nursing home's overall score. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility a B in our short-term care category. This is one of our more impressive scores. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. One of this place's strengths is physical therapy. We found it offers at least 1.5 times as many hours with physical therapists to its patients than most other nursing homes. The final item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. It performed better than most facilities in this area with 49.6 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Fidelity Health Care?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a C. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an above average percentage. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. While it had 2.84 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, its risk adjusted statistic was better than the majority of nursing homes due to it having more complex patients.
The final area we scored was nursing. For that category, we gave this facility a C. The nursing score consists of quite a few data points, however, the most important one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. With 4.2 hours of nursing care per resident daily, this nursing home surpassed the vast majority of facilities. Finally, our nursing score also includes a few relevant quality-based metrics. While this facility excelled in terms of quantity of nursing hours, it fell short in certain subcategories that emphasized quality. This facility's nursing rating was pulled down by its weak performance in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers. We found that 17.5 percent of this nursing home's patients sustained pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fidelity Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fidelity Health Care, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fidelity Health Care, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents which had a fall leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fidelity Health Care, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have experienced UTI's. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fidelity Health Care, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fidelity Health Care, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fidelity Health Care, 4.32% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fidelity Health Care, 96.21% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fidelity Health Care, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fidelity Health Care, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Fidelity Health Care, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fidelity Health Care, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fidelity Health Care, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Scores for El Monte, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? El Monte, California has 7 other nursing homes
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 3.25 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.1.56 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- Davita-Greater El Monte Dialysis Center2.53 miles away1938 Tyler Avenue, Suite J-168 South El Monte California 91733CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (626) 350-6692
- Davita-Rosemead Springs Dialysis Center2.97 miles away3212 Rosemead Blvd. El Monte California 91731CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (626) 280-2080
- Fmc-El Monte3.07 miles away11204 E. Rush Street South El Monte California 91733Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 582-1121
- Davita-Arcadia Oaks Dialysis3.38 miles away721 W Huntington Drive, Suite a-D Arcadia California 91007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 294-9682
- Advanced Dialysis Center3.84 miles away3932 Downing Avenue Baldwin Park California 91706Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 856-3333
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC3.93 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830
- Mountain View Dialysis Center, Inc.4.1 miles away900 S. Mountain Avenue Monrovia California 91016Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 932-1810