Fidelity Health Care is an average-sized nursing home located in El Monte, California. Featuring an overall grade of C, this looks like a middle of the pack facility. This grade is not too far off the city grade for El Monte, which is a B-. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Fidelity Health Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned an inspection score which is stronger than its overall score. Inspection scores are tied to a facility's recent inspections. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this category. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an impressive short-term care score. As a matter of fact, we awarded it a grade of B in this area, which is one of our more favorable scores. In determining these short-term care grades, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. It doesn't appear that this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Fidelity Health Care?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's third most favorable category was long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a B-. Our long-term care scores are more important for those needing more conventional assistance associated with personal care. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The last category we scored is nursing. For this category, we gave this nursing home a C. The nursing rating weighs a number of subcategories. The most heavily weighted factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This place provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a relatively low total compared to most facilities. Lastly, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses to assist its patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fidelity Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fidelity Health Care, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fidelity Health Care, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fidelity Health Care, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fidelity Health Care, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay patients which were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fidelity Health Care, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fidelity Health Care, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fidelity Health Care, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fidelity Health Care, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fidelity Health Care, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Fidelity Health Care, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fidelity Health Care, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fidelity Health Care, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Scores for El Monte, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? El Monte, California has 7 other nursing homes
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 3.25 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.1.56 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- Davita-Greater El Monte Dialysis Center2.53 miles away1938 Tyler Avenue, Suite J-168 South El Monte California 91733CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (626) 350-6692
- Davita-Rosemead Springs Dialysis Center2.97 miles away3212 Rosemead Blvd. El Monte California 91731CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (626) 280-2080
- Fmc-El Monte3.07 miles away11204 E. Rush Street South El Monte California 91733Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 582-1121
- Davita-Arcadia Oaks Dialysis3.38 miles away721 W Huntington Drive, Suite a-D Arcadia California 91007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 294-9682
- Advanced Dialysis Center3.84 miles away3932 Downing Avenue Baldwin Park California 91706Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 856-3333
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC3.93 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830
- Mountain View Dialysis Center, Inc.4.1 miles away900 S. Mountain Avenue Monrovia California 91016Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 932-1810