Fidelity Health Care is an average-sized nursing home located in El Monte, California. Featuring an overall grade of B, this looks like a fine facility. You can definitely do much worse than this facility. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive report card is its nursing rating. We discuss nursing in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fidelity Health Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
11210 Lower Azusa Rd.,
El Monte CA 91731
77% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this facility performed well overall is it excelled in nursing, with a B+ in that area. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing rating looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of skill of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received a strong short-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our higher scores in that category with a grade of B. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. It does not look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last statistic we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Fidelity Health Care?
This facility also received favorable inspections in recent years. In fact, we gave them one of our better grades in that category, with a B. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 9 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an imminent threat to resident health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Our final category is long-term care, in which we awarded this nursing home a grade of B- in that category. Long-term care grades assess a facility's personal care rather than the highly skilled nursing and healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. One of the data points we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fidelity Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fidelity Health Care, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fidelity Health Care, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that have had falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fidelity Health Care, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who have experienced UTI's. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fidelity Health Care, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fidelity Health Care, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fidelity Health Care, 5.83% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fidelity Health Care, 95.65% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fidelity Health Care, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fidelity Health Care, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Fidelity Health Care, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fidelity Health Care, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fidelity Health Care, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fidelity Health Care, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 3.25 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.1.56 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- Davita-Greater El Monte Dialysis Center2.53 miles away1938 Tyler Avenue, Suite J-168 South El Monte California 91733CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (626) 350-6692
- Davita-Rosemead Springs Dialysis Center2.97 miles away3212 Rosemead Blvd. El Monte California 91731CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (626) 280-2080
- Fmc-El Monte3.07 miles away11204 E. Rush Street South El Monte California 91733Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 582-1121
- Davita-Arcadia Oaks Dialysis3.38 miles away721 W Huntington Drive, Suite a-D Arcadia California 91007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 294-9682
- Advanced Dialysis Center3.84 miles away3932 Downing Avenue Baldwin Park California 91706Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 856-3333
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC3.93 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830
- Mountain View Dialysis Center, Inc.4.1 miles away900 S. Mountain Avenue Monrovia California 91016Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 932-1810