Fall River Jewish Home is a small non-profit nursing home located in Fall River, Massachusetts. This is not a bad nursing home with a C overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Fall River. Based on our analysis, there are definitely much worse places out there. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its remarkable inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fall River Jewish Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Fall River Jewish Home has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Fall River senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Fall River, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Fall River, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Fall River, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our inspection grades are tied to many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a solid score in the category of short-term care, where it received a B-. Our short-term care scores are considered to be more critical for folks requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The tricky part is determining what bearing this had on the quality of care. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Fall River Jewish Home?
Another strength of this facility is its favorable grade in nursing. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with an D. Our nursing grade is based on quite a few subcategories, most of which are based on nursing hours. This place provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is long-term care, was this facility's worst category. We gave this facility a D in this area. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 96.27329 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fall River Jewish Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fall River Jewish Home, 3.52% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fall River Jewish Home, 8.07% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fall River Jewish Home, 3.23% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fall River Jewish Home, 6.21% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fall River Jewish Home, 20.83% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fall River Jewish Home, 4.79% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fall River Jewish Home, 98.14% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fall River Jewish Home, 16.92% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fall River Jewish Home, 15.34% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Fall River Jewish Home, 0.83 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fall River Jewish Home, 15.34% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fall River Jewish Home, 5.11% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fall River Jewish Home, 74.98% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fall River, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fall River, Massachusetts has 3 other nursing homes
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.28 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.45 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 12.7 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.15 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.16 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 15.31 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.25 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Newport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.02 miles away11 Friendship Street Newport Rhode Island 02840Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 846-6400
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC1.44 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Dialysis Center of Tiverton3.22 miles away22 Hurst Lane Tiverton Rhode Island 02878Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 624-4403
- Hawthorn Kidney Center8.13 miles away537 Faunce Corner Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (508) 994-9692
- Davita New Bedford Dialysis9.12 miles away237-B State Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 992-0629
- Dialysis Center of East Providence12.94 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital13.11 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital13.65 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Fresenius Medical Care of Fairhaven14.07 miles away216 Huttleson Avenue Fairhaven Massachusetts 02719Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 996-0364