Fall River Jewish Home is a small non-profit nursing home located in Fall River, Massachusetts. With an overall score of B+. After looking at the other choices in Fall River, this seems to be a higher quality choice than quite a few of them. Based on our analysis, you can do much worse than this place. Keep reading to see this facility's category grades, which are also strong. It is hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Fall River Jewish Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
538 Robeson Street,
Fall River MA 02720
68.54% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Best Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Fall River, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Fall River, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Fall River, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a strong nursing home is that it earned a very impressive inspection score. Inspections turned out to be its best category grade. In that area, we awarded it an A-. Our inspection scores weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the category of short-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It performed better than most nursing homes in this category. Our short-term care ratings are important for prospective residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Fall River Jewish Home?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Nursing scores are primarily based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home an above average grade of B. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 96.25 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fall River Jewish Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fall River Jewish Home, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fall River Jewish Home, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fall River Jewish Home, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fall River Jewish Home, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fall River Jewish Home, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fall River Jewish Home, 1.93% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fall River Jewish Home, 91.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fall River Jewish Home, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fall River Jewish Home, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Fall River Jewish Home, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fall River Jewish Home, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fall River Jewish Home, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fall River Jewish Home, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fall River, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fall River, Massachusetts has 6 other nursing homes
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.28 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.45 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 12.7 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.15 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.16 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 15.31 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.25 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Newport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.02 miles away11 Friendship Street Newport Rhode Island 02840Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 846-6400
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC1.44 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Dialysis Center of Tiverton3.22 miles away22 Hurst Lane Tiverton Rhode Island 02878Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 624-4403
- Hawthorn Kidney Center8.13 miles away537 Faunce Corner Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (508) 994-9692
- Davita New Bedford Dialysis9.12 miles away237-B State Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 992-0629
- Dialysis Center of East Providence12.94 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital13.11 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital13.65 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Fresenius Medical Care of Fairhaven14.07 miles away216 Huttleson Avenue Fairhaven Massachusetts 02719Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 996-0364