Fairway Village is in the large metropolitan area of Indianapolis, Indiana with a total of 910,148 people. This nursing home turns out to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. Even in a city featuring 46 other nursing homes, this facility looks like a quality option. We were also pleased to find that this facility didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Few facilities fared better in this area. Inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. A deficiency-free inspection report is what we like to see.
Building on its strong performance in other categories, we awarded this nursing home an B for our nursing rating. Our nursing rating features several subcategories. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Indiana in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairway Village?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded an impressive short-term care grade as well. We awarded it one of our better scores in that area with a grade of B. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for patients needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next area is long-term care, in which we gave this facility a grade of C in this area. Our long-term care grade is generally used to gauge a nursing home's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable figure. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairway Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fairway Village, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairway Village, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fairway Village, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients which have suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairway Village, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairway Village, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fairway Village, 12.89% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairway Village, 91.48% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fairway Village, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fairway Village, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Fairway Village, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fairway Village, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 45 other nursing homes
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 4.72 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 4.75 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.33 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 12.53 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Davita - Marion County2.4 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy4.31 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC4.38 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Fmc - Circle City4.54 miles away1420 N. Senate Ave., Suite B Indianapolis Indiana 46202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 632-1273
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis4.55 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Davita - Indy East4.87 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Davita Metro Point Dialysis5.05 miles away1218 North Pennsylvania Street Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 686-0548
- Dci - Indianapolis5.15 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005