Fairway Village is a facility in Indianapolis, Indiana which has a population of 910,148 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B. A grade in this range requires quality scores in most areas. In fact, this proved to be better than most of the nursing homes in Indianapolis. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2630 S Keystone Ave,
Indianapolis IN 46203
72.26% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home also received first-rate health inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A+. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. You can't do much better than a deficiency-free inspection report.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Nursing grades are largely associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 3.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some quality-based measures in this category. This place fared well in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. By way of illustration, in terms of the number of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, this facility performed better than the national average. This is generally an indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented with better nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairway Village?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we gave them one of our stronger grades in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B. Our short-term care grades are believed to be more meaningful for individuals needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. One of this nursing home's strength is that it offers more hours of care from registered nurses to its residents. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last area is long-term care, where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C in this category. In forming our long-term care grades, we quantify the facility's personal care services. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairway Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fairway Village, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairway Village, 3.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which have experienced falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fairway Village, 1.95% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairway Village, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairway Village, 21.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fairway Village, 12.55% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting signs of depression. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairway Village, 91.52% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fairway Village, 16.15% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fairway Village, 17.47% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Fairway Village, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fairway Village, 17.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 45 other nursing homes
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 4.72 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 4.75 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.33 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 12.53 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Davita - Marion County2.4 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy4.31 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC4.38 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Fmc - Circle City4.54 miles away1420 N. Senate Ave., Suite B Indianapolis Indiana 46202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 632-1273
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis4.55 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Davita - Indy East4.87 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Davita Metro Point Dialysis5.05 miles away1218 North Pennsylvania Street Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 686-0548
- Dci - Indianapolis5.15 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005