Fairway Village is in the large metropolitan area of Indianapolis, Indiana with a total of 910,148 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of D, which is a relatively poor grade. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Indianapolis. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. The best thing we can say about this facility is that it didn't receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Fairway Village has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Indianapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility well overall, we want to note its decent inspections in recent years. We awarded it a somewhat respectable grade of B- in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we gave this facility an B-. When calculating our nursing grades, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is far below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairway Village?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a middle of the pack grade in the category of short-term care, with a B-. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is frequently a meaningful assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. We were surprised to find that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. The facility supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final metric we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next area is long-term care, where we gave this nursing home a grade of B- in this area. Our long-term care ratings are pivotal for patients seeking personal care. After considering the amount of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairway Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fairway Village, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care patients which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairway Village, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fairway Village, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairway Village, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairway Village, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fairway Village, 14.48% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairway Village, 91.03% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fairway Village, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some believe this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fairway Village, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Fairway Village, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fairway Village, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 23 other nursing homes
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 4.72 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 4.75 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.33 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 12.53 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Davita - Marion County2.4 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy4.31 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC4.38 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Fmc - Circle City4.54 miles away1420 N. Senate Ave., Suite B Indianapolis Indiana 46202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 632-1273
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis4.55 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Davita - Indy East4.87 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Davita Metro Point Dialysis5.05 miles away1218 North Pennsylvania Street Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 686-0548
- Dci - Indianapolis5.15 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005