Fairview Nursing Home is an average-sized nursing home located in Hudson, New Hampshire. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this is without a doubt a high quality nursing home. You flat out can not do any better than this place. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Fairview Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite nursing home overall, this nursing home also performed well in our inspections category, where it earned a grade of A+. Few nursing homes fared this well in this area. Inspection grades account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its superb profile, this nursing home also performed well in our long-term care area. In fact, we gave it a score of A- for the area. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 98.054474 percent of its residents, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairview Nursing Home?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we gave them one of our better grades in our short-term care category as well, with a B+. Short-term care scores are crucial for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The last area we analyzed was nursing. We awarded this nursing home one of our more favorable scores in this area, with a grade of B. While this is not on par with several of this facility's other grades, it is nevertheless an excellent grade. There are many data points within this area. Most of the data points are tied to nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairview Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fairview Nursing Home, 6.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairview Nursing Home, 5.18% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained a fall leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fairview Nursing Home, 3.06% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who sustained urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairview Nursing Home, 16.95% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairview Nursing Home, 16.72% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fairview Nursing Home, 5.54% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression. High rates of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairview Nursing Home, 95.74% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fairview Nursing Home, 19.68% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fairview Nursing Home, 24.67% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In Fairview Nursing Home, 1.18 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fairview Nursing Home, 24.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fairview Nursing Home, 11.85 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fairview Nursing Home, 77.92% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.32 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Nashoba Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.46 miles away200 Groton Road Ayer Massachusetts 01432Proprietary(978) 784-9000
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.33 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.04 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Davita Nashua Dialysis2.28 miles away38 Tyler Street Nashua New Hampshire 03061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (603) 598-1665
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.5.35 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547
- Versailles Dialysis LLC9.38 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc9.45 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry10.5 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- Davita Derry Dialysis10.5 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Fresenius Medical Care of Lowell10.51 miles away847 Rogers Street Suite 101 Lowell Massachusetts 01852CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (978) 441-5100
- Fresenius Medical Care Chelmsford10.88 miles away27 Industrial Ave Chelmsford Massachusetts 01824Dialysis Stations: 16 (978) 250-0981