Fairview Senior Living is a senior living facility located in Hudson, New Hampshire, a city with a total of 24,480 people. Featuring an overall score of B, this looks like a fine facility. You can certainly do much worse than this place. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fairview Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Hudson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this area typically have very few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded strong grades in the area of long-term care as well. As a result, we awarded it one of our best grades in that category with a score of A-. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 96.62162 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Fairview Senior Living?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. Our short-term care scores are likely most important for folks requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The last area we scored is nursing, which ended up being this facility's least impressive area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in that area. Naturally, this grade hurt the facility's overall grade to some degree. Our nursing score assesses several subcategories, however, the main consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular facility provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This statistic is significantly below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This place fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fairview Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fairview Senior Living, 8.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who suffer from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fairview Senior Living, 6.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fairview Senior Living, 2.66% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fairview Senior Living, 25.53% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fairview Senior Living, 18.08% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fairview Senior Living, 5.71% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fairview Senior Living, 97% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fairview Senior Living, 16.42% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fairview Senior Living, 21.46% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Fairview Senior Living, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fairview Senior Living, 21.46% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fairview Senior Living, 14.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fairview Senior Living, 74.19% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.32 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Nashoba Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.46 miles away200 Groton Road Ayer Massachusetts 01432Proprietary(978) 784-9000
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.33 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.04 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Davita Nashua Dialysis2.28 miles away38 Tyler Street Nashua New Hampshire 03061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (603) 598-1665
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.5.35 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547
- Versailles Dialysis LLC9.38 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc9.45 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry10.5 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- Davita Derry Dialysis10.5 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Fresenius Medical Care of Lowell10.51 miles away847 Rogers Street Suite 101 Lowell Massachusetts 01852CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (978) 441-5100
- Fresenius Medical Care Chelmsford10.88 miles away27 Industrial Ave Chelmsford Massachusetts 01824Dialysis Stations: 16 (978) 250-0981