With an address in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, Evergreen Retirement Community is one of four nursing homes in this city. After receiving an overall rating of A, this facility is among the most impressive nursing homes we assessed. We really couldn't find many negative things to say about this facility. Its grades are just impeccable. As you can see below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category grades. We give this place two thumbs up!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Evergreen Retirement Community
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Oshkosh senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall grade, this facility also received an A+ short-term care grade. In computing our short-term care ratings, we size up the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is often a solid assessment of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This facility also received an A+ inspection grade, making it one of the rare nursing homes to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. Our inspection ratings account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. We were not able to locate deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Evergreen Retirement Community?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. The nursing category includes quite a few datapoints, most of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is long-term care, where this facility received an A-. This finished off a very strong profile. Only a select few nursing homes earned an A- or higher in in each area we assessed. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.35897 percent of its residents, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Evergreen Retirement Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Evergreen Retirement Community, 11.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Evergreen Retirement Community, 0.64% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents who sustained a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Evergreen Retirement Community, 1.31% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Evergreen Retirement Community, 14.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Evergreen Retirement Community, 17.14% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Evergreen Retirement Community, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing signs of depression. High levels of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Evergreen Retirement Community, 95.93% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Evergreen Retirement Community, 8.82% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Evergreen Retirement Community, 16% of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Evergreen Retirement Community, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Evergreen Retirement Community, 16% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Evergreen Retirement Community, 5.94% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Evergreen Retirement Community, 89.58% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Oshkosh, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Oshkosh, Wisconsin has 3 other nursing homes
- Aurora Medical Ctr OshkoshAcute Care Hospitals 0.98 miles away855 N Westhaven Drive Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 456-6000
- Thedacare Regional Medical Center - Neenah IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.47 miles away130 2nd St Neenah Wisconsin 54956Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 729-3100
- Childrens Hospital of Wisconsin Fox ValleyChildrens 12.47 miles away130 Second St Neenah Wisconsin 54956Voluntary non-profit - Other(920) 969-7900
- Ascension Ne Wisconsin - St Elizabeth CampusAcute Care Hospitals 17.27 miles away1506 S Oneida St Appleton Wisconsin 54915Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 738-2000
- Ripon Medical CenterCritical Access Hospitals 18.18 miles away845 Parkside St Ripon Wisconsin 54971Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 748-3101
- Thedacare Medical Center - Berlin IncCritical Access Hospitals 18.61 miles away225 Memorial Drive Berlin Wisconsin 54923Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 361-1313
- St Agnes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.86 miles away430 E Division St Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54935Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 929-2300
- Fond Du Lac County Acute Psych UnitPsychiatric 19.09 miles away459 E First St Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54935Government - Local(920) 929-3500
- Davita - Oshkosh Dialysis1.63 miles awayDialysis Unit 855 North Westhaven Drive Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Dialysis Stations: 10 (920) 303-0650
- Fresenius Medical Care Oshkosh LLC1.91 miles away2700 W 9th Ave Suite 101a Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Dialysis Stations: 10 (920) 223-4990
- Fmc - Neenah12.44 miles away300 N Commercial St, Ste 100 Neenah Wisconsin 54956CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (920) 725-7861
- Davita - Green Lake County Dialysis18.71 miles away432 Oak St Berlin Wisconsin 54923Dialysis Stations: 12 (920) 361-1177
- Fmc - Ripon South18.87 miles away37 Stoney Ridge Rd Ste 100 Ripon Wisconsin 54971Dialysis Stations: 12 (920) 748-8651
- Davita - Fond Du Lac Dialysis18.95 miles awayDialysis Unit 210 Wisconsin American Dr Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54937Dialysis Stations: 9 (920) 907-0689
- Fmc Dialysis - Appleton19.53 miles away2701 N Oneida St, Ste E Appleton Wisconsin 54911CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (920) 997-8600