Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care is a nursing home in Bakersfield, California which has a population of 520,197 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of C. A grade of this caliber requires some solid scores. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Bakersfield, which admittedly is admittedly a little below average nationally. One of the better aspects of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
6212 Tudor Way,
Bakersfield CA 93306
92.42% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's best category grade came in the area of inspections. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B+. It outperformed most facilities in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to resident safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
This nursing home performed well in the area of nursing. In fact, we gave it a grade of B- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our nursing grade is largely based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. It scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best category was short-term care. We gave it a C in this area. This is essentially a middle of the road score in this area. Short-term care grades are typically employed to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services In order to offer highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is still important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The final measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home performed better in this statistic. This place fared better than most facilities in this metric with 55.1 percent of its patients returning home. For most facilities, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D for the area of long-term care. This is the nursing home's least impressive category score. For residents looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. We were pleased to find that this nursing home vaccinated 98.576515 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 1.7 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who have suffered from a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care, 4.32% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care, 96.21% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Evergreen Bakersfield Post Acute Care, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Bakersfield, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Bakersfield, California has 9 other nursing homes
- Kern Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away1700 Mount Vernon Avenue Bakersfield California 93306Government - Hospital District or Authority(661) 326-2000
- Bakersfield Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.22 miles away420 34th St Bakersfield California 93301Voluntary non-profit - Private(661) 327-1792
- Adventist Health BakersfieldAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away2615 Chester Avenue Bakersfield California 93301Voluntary non-profit - Private(661) 395-3000
- Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.73 miles away2215 Truxtun Avenue Bakersfield California 93301Voluntary non-profit - Other(661) 632-5000
- Bakersfield Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away3001 Sillect Avenue Bakersfield California 93308Proprietary(661) 316-6000
- Davita-Northeast Bakersfield Dialysis1.42 miles away3761 Mall View Road Bakersfield California 93306CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (661) 872-3580
- Fmc-Bakersfield Northeast1.64 miles away3201 Mall View Road Bakersfield California 93306CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (661) 873-7918
- Davita-Bakersfield Oak St Dialysis6.67 miles away422 Oak Street Bakersfield California 93304CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (661) 631-0227
- Fmc-Meadows Field7.53 miles away3101 Pegasus Drive, Suite 100 Bakersfield California 93308Dialysis Stations: 21 (661) 615-4200
- Davita-Bakersfield Dialysis Center7.56 miles away5143 Office Park Drive Bakersfield California 93309CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 76 (661) 325-4741
- Davita-Riverlakes Home Training8.93 miles away3933 Coffee Road, Suite A Bakersfield California 93308Dialysis Stations: 7 (661) 588-2326
- Davita-Brimhall Dialysis9.44 miles away8501 Brimhall Road, Bldg. 500 Bakersfield California 93312CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (661) 387-6603
- Davita-Casa Del Rio Home Training9.46 miles away8331 Brimhall Road Building 900, Suite 902 Bakersfield California 93312Dialysis Stations: 8 (661) 387-6405