Everett Transitional Care Serv is a facility located in Everett, Washington, which has a population of 168,159 people. Sporting an overall score of A-, this nursing home is ranked among the higher-rated nursing homes we assessed. Not surprisingly, this is the top facility in Everett. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which is addressed in the next section.
Everett Transitional Care Serv
- Nursing Home
Updated Feb 1, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Everett Transitional Care Serv has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our short-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing grades are largely associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Everett Transitional Care Serv?
In addition, this facility also earned excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our best grades in that category, with an impressive grade of A. Our inspection ratings are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was long-term care. We awarded this facility an acceptable score in that area, with a C. Although this wasn't on par with several of this facility's other grades, it is still not the end of the world. For prospective residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility provided vaccination data. Lastly, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Everett Transitional Care Serv Quality Metrics
Frequency Of ER Visits
In Everett Transitional Care Serv, 0 ER visits per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of long-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Everett Transitional Care Serv, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Everett Transitional Care Serv, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Everett, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Everett, Washington has 5 other nursing homes
- Providence Regional Medical Center EverettAcute Care Hospitals 1.76 miles away1321 Colby Avenue Everett Washington 98201Voluntary non-profit - Church(425) 261-2000
- Evergreenhealth MonroeAcute Care Hospitals 12.96 miles away14701 179th Se Monroe Washington 98272Government - Hospital District or Authority(360) 794-7497
- Swedish Edmonds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.23 miles away21601 76th Avenue West Edmonds Washington 98026Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 640-4000
- Cascade Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.62 miles away330 S Stillaguamish Ave Arlington Washington 98223Government - Hospital District or Authority(360) 435-2133
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.26 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.17 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Puget Sound Kidney Center0.08 miles away1005 Pacific Ave Everett Washington 98201Dialysis Stations: 25 (425) 259-5195
- Everett Dialysis Center3.63 miles away8130 Evergreen Way Ste C Everett Washington 98203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (425) 353-6036
- Pilchuck Dialysis6.4 miles away1250 State Ave Marysville Washington 98270Dialysis Stations: 8 (360) 651-0780
- Davita Lynnwood Dialysis7.56 miles away13619 Mukilteo Speedway Ste D-1 Lynnwood Washington 98037Dialysis Stations: 3 (425) 741-3616
- Puget Sound Kc South12.75 miles away21309 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace Washington 98043CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (425) 744-1095
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center12.77 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Puget Sound Kidney Center - Monroe13.12 miles away18121 149th St Se Monroe Washington 98272Dialysis Stations: 12 (360) 863-3313
- Puget Sound Kidney Center Smokey Point13.53 miles away18828 Smokey Point Blvd Arlington Washington 98223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (360) 454-5280