Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks is located in Fair Oaks, California. With an overall score of B+, this looks like a very good facility. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top third of all nursing homes in the country. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category scores, which are also impressive. It would be hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fair Oaks senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Fair Oaks, California Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care grade. Our short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. We were not able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Among its many impressive scores, this nursing home received an excellent nursing rating. In fact, we gave it an B+ in that category. Our nursing rating is largely associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving residents more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks?
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care. This facility received an impressive long-term care rating this year, with a B. This facility really doesn't have any weak grades. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening illness for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't take any chances. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who have experienced a urinary tract infection. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks, 5.83% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care residents who maintained mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eskaton Care Center Fair Oaks, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.73 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 5.47 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - RosevilleAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away1600 Eureka Road Roseville California 95661Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 784-4000
- Mercy Hospital of FolsomAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away1650 Creekside Drive Folsom California 95630Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 983-7400
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.7 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 12.47 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.49 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Orangevale Dialysis Center3.32 miles away9267 Greenback Lane #a2 Orangevale California 95662CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 988-5666
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic4.2 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644
- Antelope Dialysis Center4.28 miles away6406 Tupelo Drive Ste-A Citrus Heights California 95621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 721-1800
- Manzanita Dialysis Center4.38 miles away4005 Manzanita Avenue Ste 17 & 18 Carmichael California 95608CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 483-3241
- Sunset Dialysis Center4.47 miles away3071 Gold Canal Drive Rancho Cordova California 95670CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 638-8429
- Satellite Healthcare Folsom4.89 miles away210 Blue Ravine Rd Suite 100 Folsom California 95630Dialysis Stations: 13 (916) 365-8100
- North Highlands Dialysis Center6.04 miles away4612 Roseville Road Suite 100 North Highlands California 95660CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 334-1368
- Dci Rancho Dialysis Clinic6.22 miles away10294 Rockingham Drive Sacramento California 95827Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 857-1819