Located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center is just one of 26 possibilities in the area. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is likely a middle of the pack nursing home. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Fort Wayne. We were also pleased to discover that this facility was consistent in all four of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fort Wayne senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Adding to this facility's list of strengths, it also earned an excellent nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of B- in this category. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a low total compared to most facilities. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed was long-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of C in this category. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 89.56044 percent of its patients. This is quite a bit less than what we expected. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this facility was awarded an acceptable short-term care grade of C. In our short-term care score, we attempt to forge a sound gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 3.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 7.14% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 17.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 13.86% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are typically given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.88% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 92.28% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 18.71% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 13.05% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 13.05% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 8.23% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 85.05% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Wayne, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Wayne, Indiana has 25 other nursing homes
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.54 miles away700 Broadway Fort Wayne Indiana 46802Proprietary(260) 425-3000
- Lutheran Hospital of IndianaAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away7950 W Jefferson Blvd Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Proprietary(260) 435-7001
- Dupont Hospital LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away2520 E Dupont Rd Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Proprietary(260) 416-3000
- Parkview Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away11109 Parkview Plaza Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 266-1000
- Orthopaedic Hospital at Parkview North LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.51 miles away11130 Parkview Circle Dr Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 672-4050
- Parkview Whitley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.3 miles away1260 E Sr 205 Columbia City Indiana 46725Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 248-9301
- Parkview Huntington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.39 miles away2001 Stults Rd Huntington Indiana 46750Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 355-3000
- Randolph Dialysis, LLC1.72 miles away6721 Old Trail Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46809Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 478-8582
- Davita - Fort Wayne South1.93 miles away302 E. Pettit Ave. Fort Wayne Indiana 46806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (260) 456-0451
- Davita - Fort Wayne West2.77 miles away4916 Illinois Road, Suite 118 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 14 (260) 434-0483
- Davita - Appleseed3.14 miles away1833 Magnavox Way Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 4 (260) 432-1036
- Fmc - Northeast Indiana Kidney Ctr - Fort Wayne3.76 miles away7836 W. Jefferson Blvd., Suite ll10 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (260) 432-4225
- Davita - Summit City Dialysis5.77 miles away3233 East Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne Indiana 46805CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (260) 373-1599
- Fmc - Canal Dialysis8.83 miles away1308 Minnich Road New Haven Indiana 46774Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 749-1004
- Davita-Fort Wayne North Dialysis9.43 miles away415 E Dupont Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Dialysis Stations: 13 (260) 637-0431