Located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center is just one of 26 possibilities in the area. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is likely a middle of the pack nursing home. Based on our analysis, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. We were also pleased to find that this facility was consistent in all four of our categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its relatively modest overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. This is far better than its overall score. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Building on this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing grade. We awarded them an impressive grade of B- in this area. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a low total compared with most facilities. Lastly, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this subcategory.
Does this page answer your questions about Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a decent score in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of C. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a C in this area. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 92.35294 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is a bit less than we expected but still a decent figure. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay patients that suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents which had falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which have experienced UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 12.38% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 91.56% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Wayne, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Wayne, Indiana has 25 other nursing homes
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.54 miles away700 Broadway Fort Wayne Indiana 46802Proprietary(260) 425-3000
- Lutheran Hospital of IndianaAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away7950 W Jefferson Blvd Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Proprietary(260) 435-7001
- Dupont Hospital LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away2520 E Dupont Rd Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Proprietary(260) 416-3000
- Parkview Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away11109 Parkview Plaza Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 266-1000
- Orthopaedic Hospital at Parkview North LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.51 miles away11130 Parkview Circle Dr Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 672-4050
- Parkview Whitley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.3 miles away1260 E Sr 205 Columbia City Indiana 46725Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 248-9301
- Parkview Huntington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.39 miles away2001 Stults Rd Huntington Indiana 46750Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 355-3000
- Randolph Dialysis, LLC1.72 miles away6721 Old Trail Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46809Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 478-8582
- Davita - Fort Wayne South1.93 miles away302 E. Pettit Ave. Fort Wayne Indiana 46806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (260) 456-0451
- Davita - Fort Wayne West2.77 miles away4916 Illinois Road, Suite 118 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 14 (260) 434-0483
- Davita - Appleseed3.14 miles away1833 Magnavox Way Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 4 (260) 432-1036
- Fmc - Northeast Indiana Kidney Ctr - Fort Wayne3.76 miles away7836 W. Jefferson Blvd., Suite ll10 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (260) 432-4225
- Davita - Summit City Dialysis5.77 miles away3233 East Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne Indiana 46805CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (260) 373-1599
- Fmc - Canal Dialysis8.83 miles away1308 Minnich Road New Haven Indiana 46774Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 749-1004
- Davita-Fort Wayne North Dialysis9.43 miles away415 E Dupont Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Dialysis Stations: 13 (260) 637-0431