Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Encinitas, California. It looks like this nursing home is among the more impressive facilities we looked at. A grade of this caliber requires very strong scores across the board. This grade is better than the city grade of A- in Encinitas, which is also an impressive grade. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility received high marks in our short-term care category as well. It received our highest score in that category with a score of A+. Short-term care grades are meaningful for people requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. In computing our nursing scores, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was long-term care. We gave this nursing home a decent grade in that area, with a B-. Even though this is not as favorable as many of this facility's other grades, it is nevertheless not a terrible score. Our long-term care grade is typically used to assess a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing care limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Encinitas Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital - EncinitasAcute Care Hospitals 0.7 miles away354 Santa Fe Drive Encinitas California 92024Voluntary non-profit - Private(760) 753-6501
- Tri-City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.27 miles away4002 Vista Way Oceanside California 92056Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 724-8411
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La JollaAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away9888 Genesee Avenue La Jolla California 92037Physician(858) 626-4123
- Pomerado HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away15615 Pomerado Road Poway California 92064Government - Hospital District or Authority(858) 485-6511
- Palomar Health Downtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 12.8 miles away555 East Valley Parkway Escondido California 92025Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 739-3000
- Nh Camp PendletonAcute Care - Department of Defense 14.63 miles away200 Mercy Circle Camp Pendleton Camp Pendleton California 92055Department of Defense(760) 725-1288
- Sharp Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.83 miles away7901 Frost St San Diego California 92123Voluntary non-profit - Private(858) 939-3400
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - ZionAcute Care Hospitals 19.88 miles away4647 Zion Ave San Diego California 92120Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 528-5000
- Davita-Encinitas Dialysis0.68 miles away332 Santa Fe Drive, Suite 100 Encinitas California 92024CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (760) 632-2323
- Fmc-La Jolla8.71 miles away4765 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 100 San Diego California 92130Dialysis Stations: 24 (858) 793-0058
- Fmc-North Coast Kidney Center10.37 miles away3300 Vista Way, Suite A Oceanside California 92056CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (760) 721-4344
- Fmc-Rancho10.57 miles away11031 via Frontera, Suite C San Diego California 92127CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 385-0700
- Davita-Carmel Mountain Dialysis10.6 miles away9850 Carmel Mountain Road, a-D San Diego California 92129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 538-1083
- Fmc-Buena Creek10.79 miles away950 Hacienda Drive Vista California 92081CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (760) 631-7900
- u.s. Renal Care Oceanside Dialysis10.91 miles away2227- B El Camino Real Oceanside California 92054CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 757-1838
- Davita-San Marcos Dialysis Center10.96 miles away2135 Montiel Road, Bldg. B San Marcos California 92069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 975-0170