Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center is a nursing home in Aurora, Illinois, a city with a population of 206,095 people. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A score in this range requires some decent scores. Based on our assessment, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. This facility is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Aurora senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility earned a decent overall grade, its inspections grade is notably better than its overall grade. Due to a strong health inspection report this year, it received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Inspection scores are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor dings aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a B in our short-term care category. This is one of our more impressive scores. In calculating our short-term care scores, we size up the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is typically a reliable measure of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. In determining a facility's nursing score, we assess the number of hours nurses are caring for patients as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This place provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a low total compared with most other nursing homes. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final area, this nursing home was awarded a B- in long-term care, which is generally a respectable rating. In our long-term care assessment, we focus on the amount of services offered by a nursing home, along with a few qualitative data points. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinated 96.55173 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This facility also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term stay patients which have suffered a fall leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic can be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents which were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center, 31.81% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center, 87.05% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.8 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.42 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.58 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.85 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.17 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.39 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Valley West Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.24 miles away1301 North Main Street Sandwich Illinois 60548Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 786-8484
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.46 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Fmc - Aurora Dialysis Center1.71 miles away455 Mercy Lane Aurora Illinois 60506CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 892-7445
- Fkc - East Aurora3.12 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd4.34 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Fmc - Oswego5.48 miles away1051 Station Dr. Oswego Illinois 60543CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (630) 554-4783
- Fmc - West Batavia7.04 miles away2580 West Fabyan Parkway Batavia Illinois 60510Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 406-1690
- Tri Cities Dialysis LLC8.73 miles away306 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 262-1306
- Yorkville Dialysis Center LLC9.45 miles away1400 N. Beecher Road Yorkville Illinois 60560Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 553-6952
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center9.64 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295