Located in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center is the sole option we were able to find in the city. Featuring an overall score of A-, this is undoubtedly a high quality nursing home. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes nationally. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category scores, which are also impressive. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Elizabeth senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Elizabeth, New Jersey Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a strong long-term care score. In fact, this is this facility's second strongest category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A-. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 98.545456 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the area of short-term care, where it received a score of B+. It performed more favorably than most facilities in this category. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation In order to offer high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. We weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Switching gears to our fourth area, this nursing home was given a very strong nursing score. Although this isn't as good as many of its other category grades, this is still one of our more favorable scores we offer. Our nursing score is largely tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that have had a fall leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 6.37% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 89.73% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elmora Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.59 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.32 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Carepoint Health - Bayonne Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away29 East 29th St Bayonne New Jersey 07002Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 858-5000
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Richmond University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away355 Bard Avenue Staten Island New York 10310Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 818-1234
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.5 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Trinitas Hospital0.63 miles awayDialysis Unit 225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Dialysis Stations: 14 (908) 994-5203
- Fmc Elizabeth Dc1.68 miles away595 Division Street Suite B Elizabeth New Jersey 07201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (908) 436-3007
- Trinitas Livingston St2.42 miles awayDialysis Unit 629 Livingston St Elizabethport New Jersey 07206Dialysis Stations: 14 (908) 994-7011
- Davita Hillside Dialysis Ctr2.66 miles away1529 North Broad Street Hillside New Jersey 07205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 474-1199
- Trinitas Sat Linden2.68 miles away10 North Wood Ave Suite G Linden New Jersey 07036Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 862-7400
- Davita Parkside Dc3.05 miles away580 Frelinghuysen Avenue Newark New Jersey 07114CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 624-2226
- Fmc Kenilworth3.07 miles away131 South 31st Street Kenilworth New Jersey 07033CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (908) 241-0453
- Fmc Linden Dialysis3.36 miles away630 West St. Georges Ave Linden New Jersey 07036CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 925-5161