Located in Lansdale, Pennsylvania, Elm Terrace Gardens is one of a mere three facilities in the area. This facility is ranked among the highest-graded nursing homes we found. This nursing home was given one of the highest ratings we offer. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you'll find. If you look below, you can see this place's category scores, which are also strong.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Elm Terrace Gardens
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
660 North Broad Street,
Lansdale PA 19446
94.72% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. It doesn't appear that we were able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was superb in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Not many facilities performed better in this area. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 18.442623 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is a few points below what we expected but still a decent percentage. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Elm Terrace Gardens?
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was given a high-end grade of A- in our short-term care category. Our short-term care grades are likely most meaningful for residents requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
The final area we analyzed is nursing. We gave this facility one of our higher grades in that area, with a B. Although this was not as strong as many of this facility's other grades, it is nevertheless a positive grade. We assessed the skill-level of nurses working for the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses worked with patients, in determining our grade in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elm Terrace Gardens Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elm Terrace Gardens, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elm Terrace Gardens, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elm Terrace Gardens, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term residents that had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elm Terrace Gardens, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elm Terrace Gardens, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elm Terrace Gardens, 3.3% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elm Terrace Gardens, 86.27% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elm Terrace Gardens, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elm Terrace Gardens, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Elm Terrace Gardens, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elm Terrace Gardens, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elm Terrace Gardens, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elm Terrace Gardens, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.53 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 6.37 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.89 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.07 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.12 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale0.59 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson1.6 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Davita North Wales Dialysis2.07 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton7.39 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown7.64 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Total Renal Care, Inc.8.52 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East9.07 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis9.1 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950