With an address in Warner Robins, Georgia, Elberta Health Care is one of only three available nursing homes in this area. This is a decent facility with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Warner Robins. Based on our analysis, there are certainly far worse places out there. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its remarkable inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Elberta Health Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Warner Robins senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection score. In fact, its inspection grade was far better than its overall grade. In the inspections category, we gave it an A+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
This nursing home performed well in nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is one of our best grades. The nursing score weighs a handful of components, however, the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, nursing scores also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Elberta Health Care?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third highest area came in the area of long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. In the area of long-term care, we weigh the amount of care offered by a nursing home, as opposed to more sophisticated services. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 87.41722 percent of its residents. This is multiple points less than what we expected. Nevertheless, this nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was short-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of D for short-term care, rendering this the facility's worst category grade. In forming these short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics was damning for this facility's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elberta Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elberta Health Care, 5.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elberta Health Care, 0.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay residents that have sustained a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elberta Health Care, 9.63% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elberta Health Care, 7.69% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elberta Health Care, 4.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elberta Health Care, 0% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elberta Health Care, 88.15% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elberta Health Care, 12.6% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elberta Health Care, 17.44% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that retained mobility levels.
In Elberta Health Care, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elberta Health Care, 17.44% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elberta Health Care, 27.68% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elberta Health Care, 72.6% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Houston Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.47 miles away1601 Watson Boulevard Warner Robins Georgia 31093Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 922-4281
- Medical Center of Peach County, Navicent HealthCritical Access Hospitals 7.79 miles away1960 Highway 247 Connector Byron Georgia 31008Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 654-2000
- Perry HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.36 miles away1120 Morningside Dr Perry Georgia 31069Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 987-3600
- Medical Center, Navicent Health (The)Acute Care Hospitals 13.36 miles away777 Hemlock Street Macon Georgia 31201Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 633-1000
- Coliseum Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 14.37 miles away350 Hospital Drive Macon Georgia 31217Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 765-7000
- Coliseum Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.23 miles away400 Charter Boulevard Macon Georgia 31210Proprietary(478) 757-8200
- Fresenius Medical Care Warner Robins, LLC1.04 miles away703 North Houston Road Warner Robins Georgia 31093Dialysis Stations: 1 (478) 923-1436
- Dialysis Center of Middle Georgia1.27 miles away509 North Houston Rd Warner Robins Georgia 31093Dialysis Stations: 12 (478) 328-1800
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Houston County1.46 miles away816 Duke Avenue Warner Robins Georgia 31093Dialysis Stations: 16 (478) 923-7600
- Bma of Warner Robins, Inc.3.45 miles away118 Osigian Blvd Warner Robins Georgia 31088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 953-6556
- Warner Robins Dialysis Center, LLC4.03 miles away105 Tommy Stalnaker Drive Warner Robins Georgia 31088CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 953-3638
- Eisenhower Parkway Dialysis12.07 miles away2525 Second Street Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 738-0420
- Macon Southside Dialysis Center, LLC12.54 miles away2101-2121 Eisenhower Parkway Suite 2117 Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 744-9551
- Dialysis Center of Macon, LLC13.15 miles away890 Second Street 1st Floor Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 743-0584