With an address in Warner Robins, Georgia, Elberta Health Care is one of only three available nursing homes in this area. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this facility. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
Elberta Health Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
419 Elberta Road,
Warner Robins GA 31093
60.3% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a strong nursing home is that it received an impressive inspection grade. In fact, inspections is its best category. In that area, we awarded it an A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. When determining a facility's nursing score, we weigh the number of hours nurses are with patients and the level of licensure of the nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Elberta Health Care?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also received favorable short-term care grades in our assessment. In fact, we awarded it one of our stronger scores in that category, with a grade of B. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth area, this nursing home was given a grade of C in long-term care, which is a respectable rating. For residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 95.945946 percent of its residents, which is a very solid percentage. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elberta Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elberta Health Care, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elberta Health Care, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elberta Health Care, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care residents who experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elberta Health Care, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elberta Health Care, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elberta Health Care, 5.28% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elberta Health Care, 93.36% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elberta Health Care, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elberta Health Care, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
In Elberta Health Care, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elberta Health Care, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elberta Health Care, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elberta Health Care, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Houston Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.47 miles away1601 Watson Boulevard Warner Robins Georgia 31093Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 922-4281
- Medical Center of Peach County, Navicent HealthCritical Access Hospitals 7.79 miles away1960 Highway 247 Connector Byron Georgia 31008Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 654-2000
- Perry HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.36 miles away1120 Morningside Dr Perry Georgia 31069Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 987-3600
- Medical Center, Navicent Health (The)Acute Care Hospitals 13.36 miles away777 Hemlock Street Macon Georgia 31201Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 633-1000
- Coliseum Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 14.37 miles away350 Hospital Drive Macon Georgia 31217Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 765-7000
- Coliseum Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.23 miles away400 Charter Boulevard Macon Georgia 31210Proprietary(478) 757-8200
- Fresenius Medical Care Warner Robins, LLC1.04 miles away703 North Houston Road Warner Robins Georgia 31093Dialysis Stations: 1 (478) 923-1436
- Dialysis Center of Middle Georgia1.27 miles away509 North Houston Rd Warner Robins Georgia 31093Dialysis Stations: 12 (478) 328-1800
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Houston County1.46 miles away816 Duke Avenue Warner Robins Georgia 31093Dialysis Stations: 16 (478) 923-7600
- Bma of Warner Robins, Inc.3.45 miles away118 Osigian Blvd Warner Robins Georgia 31088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 953-6556
- Warner Robins Dialysis Center, LLC4.03 miles away105 Tommy Stalnaker Drive Warner Robins Georgia 31088CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 953-3638
- Eisenhower Parkway Dialysis12.07 miles away2525 Second Street Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 738-0420
- Macon Southside Dialysis Center, LLC12.54 miles away2101-2121 Eisenhower Parkway Suite 2117 Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 744-9551
- Dialysis Center of Macon, LLC13.15 miles away890 Second Street 1st Floor Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 743-0584