Eisenhower Healthcare Center is a small nursing home located in Pasadena, California. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road grade. At the end of the day, this nursing home would be a solid choice for quite a few people. The best part of this place's report card is is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Eisenhower Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received an inspection grade which is stronger than its overall score. Inspection ratings are based on a nursing home's recent government inspections. We awarded this facility an above average grade of B+ in this area. Arguably the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was assessed 10 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. Our nursing rating analyzes several factors, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Eisenhower Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a solid grade in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a C. Our long-term care scores are important for people in need of personal care. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is a very solid datapoint. This nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our last category, this nursing home didn't perform well. Due to a poor grade of F in short-term care, this is this nursing home's weakest area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we look at a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is often a meaningful measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. With its score in this category, we were not surprised to find that this place is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 3.8 percent of its residents returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eisenhower Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eisenhower Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eisenhower Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eisenhower Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eisenhower Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eisenhower Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eisenhower Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eisenhower Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eisenhower Healthcare Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eisenhower Healthcare Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' well-being.
In Eisenhower Healthcare Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eisenhower Healthcare Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eisenhower Healthcare Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eisenhower Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Pasadena, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Pasadena, California has 13 other nursing homes
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Davita-Huntington Dialysis2.22 miles away390 S. Fair Oaks Blvd. Pasadena California 91105Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 564-2818
- Fmc-Liberty West Pasadena2.67 miles away757 S. Raymond Avenue Pasadena California 91105Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 396-6957
- Huntington Dialysis Center2.71 miles away806 S. Fair Oaks Avenue Pasadena California 91105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (626) 792-0548
- Fmc-Arroyo Dialysis Center2.71 miles away1111 S. Arroyo Parkway, Suite 150 Pasadena California 91105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 441-9500
- Davita-Eaton Canyon Dialysis3.05 miles away2551 E. Washington Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 798-8896
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis4.32 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712
- Davita-North Glendale4.79 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- Davita-Pasadena Foothills Dialysis Center4.83 miles away3722 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 432-4331