Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a facility located in Glenside, Pennsylvania, which has 31,595 people. This facility was given a very strong overall rating of A-, making it one of the top nursing homes in Glenside. Based on our ratings, you can't go wrong with this place. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor dings aren't necessarily the end of the world.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing ratings are mostly based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is short-term care. This facility was given an above average short-term care score, with a B+ in this area. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed ended up being this facility's weakest area. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still gave it a decent grade of B- in our long-term care category. Our long-term care ratings are more critical for residents needing more traditional assistance related to activities of daily living. One of the data points we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.49749 percent of its residents. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.23% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are showing signs of depression. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 88.5% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Edgehill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Glenside, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Glenside, Pennsylvania has 3 other nursing homes
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.34 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.43 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 5.44 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.07 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis1.2 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall2.15 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mt. Airy3.4 miles away10 East Moreland Avenue, Suite 300 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (215) 381-0310
- Davita - Abington Dialysis3.47 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Reliant Renal Care - Cheltenham, LLC3.57 miles away7107 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19126Dialysis Stations: 10 (267) 297-8069
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis3.78 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Olney3.78 miles away2154-58 Stenton Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 548-3704
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis3.83 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788