Edenbrook of Oshkosh is an average-sized nursing home in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. This nursing home is a middle of the road facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on our ratings, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Edenbrook of Oshkosh
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also performed well in the category of short-term care, with top notch score of A- in this area. Our short-term care scores are important for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Edenbrook of Oshkosh?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. In calculating our nursing grades, we analyze both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is significantly below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures. While this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of these quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this subcategory. This can be an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving a patient even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F for this area, which is a rock bottom grade. This is certainly a significant disappointment. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinates 96.28099 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place also keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edenbrook of Oshkosh Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 6.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 3.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who sustained a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 13.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients which are administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 15.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 6.26% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 92.96% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 13.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels.
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 13.08 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 75.51% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Oshkosh, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Oshkosh, Wisconsin has 4 other nursing homes
- Aurora Medical Ctr OshkoshAcute Care Hospitals 3.35 miles away855 N Westhaven Drive Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 456-6000
- Thedacare Regional Medical Center - Neenah IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away130 2nd St Neenah Wisconsin 54956Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 729-3100
- Childrens Hospital of Wisconsin Fox ValleyChildrens 10.98 miles away130 Second St Neenah Wisconsin 54956Voluntary non-profit - Other(920) 969-7900
- Ascension Ne Wisconsin - St Elizabeth CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.72 miles away1506 S Oneida St Appleton Wisconsin 54915Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 738-2000
- Thedacare Regional Medical Center - Appleton IncAcute Care Hospitals 17.81 miles away1818 N Meade St Appleton Wisconsin 54911Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 731-4101
- Ascension Calumet HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.53 miles away614 Memorial Drive Chilton Wisconsin 53014Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 849-2386
- St Agnes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.7 miles away430 E Division St Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54935Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 929-2300
- Fond Du Lac County Acute Psych UnitPsychiatric 18.93 miles away459 E First St Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54935Government - Local(920) 929-3500
- Davita - Oshkosh Dialysis1.28 miles awayDialysis Unit 855 North Westhaven Drive Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Dialysis Stations: 10 (920) 303-0650
- Fresenius Medical Care Oshkosh LLC4.11 miles away2700 W 9th Ave Suite 101a Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Dialysis Stations: 10 (920) 223-4990
- Fmc - Neenah10.99 miles away300 N Commercial St, Ste 100 Neenah Wisconsin 54956CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (920) 725-7861
- Fmc Dialysis - Appleton18.1 miles away2701 N Oneida St, Ste E Appleton Wisconsin 54911CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (920) 997-8600
- Davita - Chilton Dialysis18.35 miles away425 Mb Lane Chilton Wisconsin 53014Dialysis Stations: 12 (920) 849-3390
- Davita - Fond Du Lac Dialysis18.9 miles awayDialysis Unit 210 Wisconsin American Dr Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54937Dialysis Stations: 9 (920) 907-0689