Edenbrook of Oshkosh is an average-sized nursing home in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. This nursing home is a middle of the road facility, with an overall grade of C. Based on our ratings, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. The best part of this facility's report card was its remarkable inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Edenbrook of Oshkosh
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Oshkosh senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this category. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was given favorable short-term care marks in this assessment. We gave them one of our more impressive grades in that category, with a B. This turned out to be the nursing home's second strongest score. In determining our short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Edenbrook of Oshkosh?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of C. There are quite a few factors included in this grade. Many of the criteria reflect the quantity of nurse staffing. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest area was long-term care, which is the final area we looked at. For this category, we gave this facility a grade of just D. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 92.18107 percent of its patients, which is somewhat less than we were hoping for. To our surprise, this facility actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edenbrook of Oshkosh Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 7.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 3.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 13.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents who were administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 16.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 5.98% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 92.12% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 13.34% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 17.08% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Some argue that mobility is critical to patients well-being.
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 17.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 14.13 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Edenbrook of Oshkosh, 76.01% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Oshkosh, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Oshkosh, Wisconsin has 3 other nursing homes
- Aurora Medical Ctr OshkoshAcute Care Hospitals 3.35 miles away855 N Westhaven Drive Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 456-6000
- Thedacare Regional Medical Center - Neenah IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away130 2nd St Neenah Wisconsin 54956Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 729-3100
- Childrens Hospital of Wisconsin Fox ValleyChildrens 10.98 miles away130 Second St Neenah Wisconsin 54956Voluntary non-profit - Other(920) 969-7900
- Ascension Ne Wisconsin - St Elizabeth CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.72 miles away1506 S Oneida St Appleton Wisconsin 54915Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 738-2000
- Thedacare Regional Medical Center - Appleton IncAcute Care Hospitals 17.81 miles away1818 N Meade St Appleton Wisconsin 54911Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 731-4101
- Ascension Calumet HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.53 miles away614 Memorial Drive Chilton Wisconsin 53014Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 849-2386
- St Agnes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.7 miles away430 E Division St Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54935Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 929-2300
- Fond Du Lac County Acute Psych UnitPsychiatric 18.93 miles away459 E First St Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54935Government - Local(920) 929-3500
- Davita - Oshkosh Dialysis1.28 miles awayDialysis Unit 855 North Westhaven Drive Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Dialysis Stations: 10 (920) 303-0650
- Fresenius Medical Care Oshkosh LLC4.11 miles away2700 W 9th Ave Suite 101a Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Dialysis Stations: 10 (920) 223-4990
- Fmc - Neenah10.99 miles away300 N Commercial St, Ste 100 Neenah Wisconsin 54956CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (920) 725-7861
- Fmc Dialysis - Appleton18.1 miles away2701 N Oneida St, Ste E Appleton Wisconsin 54911CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (920) 997-8600
- Davita - Chilton Dialysis18.35 miles away425 Mb Lane Chilton Wisconsin 53014Dialysis Stations: 12 (920) 849-3390
- Davita - Fond Du Lac Dialysis18.9 miles awayDialysis Unit 210 Wisconsin American Dr Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54937Dialysis Stations: 9 (920) 907-0689