Edenbrook of Edina turns out to be one of several available nursing homes to select from in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B-. A grade in this range requires some solid scores. The facilities in Minneapolis received a city grade of B+ so this isn't the only reliable option in the city. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its impressive short-term care score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Edenbrook of Edina
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Minneapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility an A- in the area of short-term care. In forming our short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Turning to the category of nursing, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- in that area. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Edenbrook of Edina?
This facility received somewhat favorable health inspections in recent years. We awarded them a decent score in that area, with a grade of C. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This place had 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were category G through L deficiencies. This indicates this facility dodged the more ominous classes of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of D in our long-term care category, making this the nursing home's least impressive area. Facilities that don't score well in long-term care often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to a relatively low 90.41096 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this facility actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edenbrook of Edina Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edenbrook of Edina, 6.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edenbrook of Edina, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edenbrook of Edina, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edenbrook of Edina, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edenbrook of Edina, 11.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edenbrook of Edina, 4.16% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edenbrook of Edina, 94.15% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edenbrook of Edina, 13.41% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edenbrook of Edina, 15.86% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edenbrook of Edina, 15.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Edenbrook of Edina, 14.49 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Edenbrook of Edina, 77.42% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 15 other nursing homes
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.55 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.33 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 5.34 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 6.59 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.59 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Fairview Ridges HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.92 miles away201 East Nicollet Boulevard Burnsville Minnesota 55337Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 892-2101
- Edina Dialysis of Davita1.32 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371
- Davita - Richfield1.69 miles away6601 Lyndale Ave South Suite 150 Minneapolis Minnesota 55423Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 869-2118
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis2.11 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986
- Fmc Dialysis - South Minneapolis3.11 miles away4310 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 822-4411
- Bloomington Dialysis of Davita3.25 miles away8591 Lyndale Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 703-5888
- Davita - Uptown3.61 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis3.78 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita4.23 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400