Edenbrook Lakeside is a very-small nursing home located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We gave this facility an F, which is definitely concerning in our grading scheme. We found this to be one of the bottom five rated nursing homes in Milwaukee based on the data we assessed. With countless other nursing homes in the city, you may simply want to look elsewhere. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is short-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom scores in our assessment. Perhaps most alarmingly, it received an F for its short-term care grade. Short-term care scores are vital for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Based on its grade in this area, we were not stunned to find that this nursing home is well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the data we assessed. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Among this facility's alarming category grades was an F for its inspection grade. More often than not, this means we found some red flags on its inspection reports. For places with bad inspection grades, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This nursing home was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they caused a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, we want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines amounting to more than $100,000. This typically indicates that a poor track record has been an issue for multiple years.
Does this page answer your questions about Edenbrook Lakeside?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. Our nursing score is based on a handful of datapoints, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This facility provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a poor score in this category also. Unfortunately, we gave it an F for this area, which is obviously a major concern. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 96.350365 percent of its patients, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this nursing home also keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edenbrook Lakeside Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edenbrook Lakeside, 6.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edenbrook Lakeside, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edenbrook Lakeside, 3.17% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edenbrook Lakeside, 13.77% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edenbrook Lakeside, 15.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edenbrook Lakeside, 6.45% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edenbrook Lakeside, 92.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edenbrook Lakeside, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edenbrook Lakeside, 21.75% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that mobility is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
In Edenbrook Lakeside, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edenbrook Lakeside, 21.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Edenbrook Lakeside, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Edenbrook Lakeside, 75.11% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 24 other nursing homes
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 0.4 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 7.2 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 7.45 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Davita - Humboldt Ridge0.73 miles away2211 N Humboldt Blvd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (414) 336-7200
- Wisconsin Renal Care Group, LLC1.91 miles away161 W Wisconsin Ave, Ste 1100 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53203CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (414) 224-7666
- Davita - Rivercenter Dr2.15 miles away117 N Jefferson St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (414) 225-3740
- Total Renal Care Inc2.35 miles away733 E Capitol Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212Dialysis Stations: 13 (414) 906-0144
- Childrens Hospital of Wi2.6 miles awayDialysis Unit - Mail Station 604 9000 W Wisconsin Ave, Box 1997 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53201Dialysis Stations: 5 (414) 266-2840
- Wisconsin Renal Group l.l.c.3.09 miles away377 W River Woods Pkwy, Ste 111 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212Dialysis Stations: 25 (414) 967-9321
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Glendale3.16 miles away400 W Estabrook Blvd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 332-9960
- Davita - Wisconsin Ave4.12 miles away3801 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (414) 937-8240