Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes is a senior living facility in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. The city has a population of 80,708 people. We awarded this facility an overall rating of A, making it the highest graded facility in the city. You flat out can't do much better than this nursing home. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's exemplary report card is its nursing rating. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3151 Eden Ct,
Oshkosh WI 54904
57.4% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
- Radiation Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Wisconsin Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Oshkosh, Wisconsin Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. The nursing rating features a number of factors. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few facilities to be given more than one A+ category grades. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most critical for individuals needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes?
Another impressive feature of this nursing home is its inspection grade. In that area, we gave this facility an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is long-term care. This facility was given a strong nursing rating this year, with a B. Even though this is not as strong as a few of its other scores, this is nevertheless one of our more favorable grades for this area. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes, 6.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes, 3.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes, 13.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes, 15.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes, 6.26% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes, 92.96% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes, 13.23% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating. Some argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes, 13.08 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eden Rehab Suites and Green House Homes, 75.51% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Oshkosh, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Oshkosh, Wisconsin has 4 other nursing homes
- Aurora Medical Ctr OshkoshAcute Care Hospitals 1.2 miles away855 N Westhaven Drive Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 456-6000
- Thedacare Regional Medical Center - Neenah IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.28 miles away130 2nd St Neenah Wisconsin 54956Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 729-3100
- Childrens Hospital of Wisconsin Fox ValleyChildrens 14.28 miles away130 Second St Neenah Wisconsin 54956Voluntary non-profit - Other(920) 969-7900
- Ripon Medical CenterCritical Access Hospitals 16.2 miles away845 Parkside St Ripon Wisconsin 54971Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 748-3101
- Thedacare Medical Center - Berlin IncCritical Access Hospitals 16.54 miles away225 Memorial Drive Berlin Wisconsin 54923Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 361-1313
- St Agnes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.82 miles away430 E Division St Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54935Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 929-2300
- Fond Du Lac County Acute Psych UnitPsychiatric 19.06 miles away459 E First St Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54935Government - Local(920) 929-3500
- Ascension Ne Wisconsin - St Elizabeth CampusAcute Care Hospitals 19.08 miles away1506 S Oneida St Appleton Wisconsin 54915Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 738-2000
- Fresenius Medical Care Oshkosh LLC0.78 miles away2700 W 9th Ave Suite 101a Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Dialysis Stations: 10 (920) 223-4990
- Davita - Oshkosh Dialysis3.53 miles awayDialysis Unit 855 North Westhaven Drive Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Dialysis Stations: 10 (920) 303-0650
- Fmc - Neenah14.23 miles away300 N Commercial St, Ste 100 Neenah Wisconsin 54956CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (920) 725-7861
- Davita - Green Lake County Dialysis16.65 miles away432 Oak St Berlin Wisconsin 54923Dialysis Stations: 12 (920) 361-1177
- Fmc - Ripon South16.8 miles away37 Stoney Ridge Rd Ste 100 Ripon Wisconsin 54971Dialysis Stations: 12 (920) 748-8651
- Davita - Fond Du Lac Dialysis18.81 miles awayDialysis Unit 210 Wisconsin American Dr Fond Du Lac Wisconsin 54937Dialysis Stations: 9 (920) 907-0689