With more than 25 facilities to choose from located in Columbus, Ohio, Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center is one of many options. With an overall score of D, this is a well below average facility. This is not the worse place we looked at, however, we'd still struggle to recommend it. The best thing we can say about this place is that it did not receive any F's in in any of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2425 Kimberly Parkway East,
Columbus OH 43232
84.51% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not very complementary of this nursing home's overall grade, it actually received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A-. Our inspection grades are tied to many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid facilities with severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the category of short-term care, this nursing home received a grade of just D in that category. Sadly, this proved to be its second best grade. Our short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Given its grade in this category, we were not surprised to learn that this place was well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most facilities, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility only earned a D for its long-term care score, which is not an impressive grade. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is higher than most nursing homes. Surprisingly, this place also keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
The next area we assessed was nursing, which ended up being a weak spot for this nursing home. We gave this nursing home a D for the area of nursing. The nursing score analyzes many subcategories, but the paramount consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these metrics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 20.26% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 90.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating. Some believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Some would argue that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Columbus, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Columbus, Ohio has 35 other nursing homes
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 5.37 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Diley Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away7911 Diley Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 838-7910
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 9.46 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.47 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Fmc - Liberty Mid-America Dialysis LLC.0.23 miles away2355 South Hamilton Rd Columbus Ohio 43232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 367-1679
- Kidney Center of Whitehall LLC3.32 miles away6038 East Main Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 866-4250
- Fmc - Central Ohio East3.43 miles away4039 East Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (614) 338-8202
- Kidney Center of Bexley3.48 miles away1151 College Ave. Columbus Ohio 43209Dialysis Stations: 15 (614) 231-2200
- Kidney Center of Columbus East4.16 miles away1805 East Main Street Columbus Ohio 43205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (614) 253-3300
- Kidney Center of Columbus South4.32 miles away2046 Lockbourne Rd Columbus Ohio 43207Dialysis Stations: 20 (614) 449-7300
- Fmc - Mt. Carmel East4.54 miles away85 Mcnaughten Rd., Suite 140 Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 322-0433
- Davita - Columbus East Dialysis5.14 miles away299 Outerbelt Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 501-7224