Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center is one of 17 facilities in Columbus, Ohio. Our rating scheme was not favorable to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall score of F. This facility is really as bad as it gets. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Columbus senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we graded this place incredibly poorly overall, it received a relatively impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our better grades in that category with a B. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. It is typically in your best interest to avoid facilities that have a long list of deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of D. The nursing grade analyzes a handful of factors, most of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home just a D for our long-term care grade. This is not an impressive grade. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means the nursing home didn't perform well in our measures relating to resident care. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. Unfortunately, this nursing home vaccinated only 81.33803 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next area, this nursing home really did not perform well in this area either. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. Our short-term care ratings are arguably more important for patients needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Based on its score in this category, we weren't stunned to learn that this nursing home was well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the figures we looked at. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 6.12% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.41% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 9.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 11.19% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 34.25% of Patients
This is the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 89.45% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 16.33% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 12.54% of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 12.54% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 10.01% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eastland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, 86.69% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Columbus, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Columbus, Ohio has 16 other nursing homes
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 5.37 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Diley Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away7911 Diley Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 838-7910
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 9.46 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.47 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Fmc - Liberty Mid-America Dialysis LLC.0.23 miles away2355 South Hamilton Rd Columbus Ohio 43232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 367-1679
- Kidney Center of Whitehall LLC3.32 miles away6038 East Main Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 866-4250
- Fmc - Central Ohio East3.43 miles away4039 East Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (614) 338-8202
- Kidney Center of Bexley3.48 miles away1151 College Ave. Columbus Ohio 43209Dialysis Stations: 15 (614) 231-2200
- Kidney Center of Columbus East4.16 miles away1805 East Main Street Columbus Ohio 43205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (614) 253-3300
- Kidney Center of Columbus South4.32 miles away2046 Lockbourne Rd Columbus Ohio 43207Dialysis Stations: 20 (614) 449-7300
- Fmc - Mt. Carmel East4.54 miles away85 Mcnaughten Rd., Suite 140 Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 322-0433
- Davita - Columbus East Dialysis5.14 miles away299 Outerbelt Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 501-7224