Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center is a facility in Milwaukee, Wisconsin which has a total of 808,042 people. It looks like this nursing home is one of the higher-graded facilities we looked at. A grade in this range requires very strong scores across the board. In fact, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it substantially ahead of the vast majority of the nursing homes in Milwaukee. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2505 E Bradford Ave,
Milwaukee WI 53211
87.25% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Best Nursing Home in Wisconsin Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Wisconsin Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Wisconsin Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it earned one of our best scores in that area with an A+. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Unfortunately, we were not able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. We would like to have more information about this facility. Without the information regarding deficiencies, it was difficult to really assess this facility in the inspections category.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing grade is primarily tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A-. Only a select group of nursing homes received a better grade in this area. Our short-term care grades are critical for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is long-term care, in which this facility was given a B-. This was this facility's worst category. This is still not the end of the world. In determining our long-term care scores, we size up the assistance with daily living received by the nursing home's patients. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.27586 percent of its patients. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 6.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 3.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care. More supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients which had a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 13.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 15.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 6.26% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 92.96% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 13.23% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 13.08 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 75.51% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 23 other nursing homes
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 7.54 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 7.77 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Davita - Humboldt Ridge1.01 miles away2211 N Humboldt Blvd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (414) 336-7200
- Total Renal Care Inc2.05 miles away733 E Capitol Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212Dialysis Stations: 13 (414) 906-0144
- Wisconsin Renal Care Group, LLC2.42 miles away161 W Wisconsin Ave, Ste 1100 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53203CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (414) 224-7666
- Davita - Rivercenter Dr2.68 miles away117 N Jefferson St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (414) 225-3740
- Wisconsin Renal Group l.l.c.2.82 miles away377 W River Woods Pkwy, Ste 111 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212Dialysis Stations: 25 (414) 967-9321
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Glendale2.91 miles away400 W Estabrook Blvd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 332-9960
- Childrens Hospital of Wi3.12 miles awayDialysis Unit - Mail Station 604 9000 W Wisconsin Ave, Box 1997 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53201Dialysis Stations: 5 (414) 266-2840
- Davita - Wisconsin Ave4.52 miles away3801 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (414) 937-8240