Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center is a facility in Milwaukee, Wisconsin which has a total of 808,042 people. It looks like this nursing home is one of the higher-graded facilities we looked at. A grade in this range requires very strong scores across the board. Indeed, this proved to be substantially better than most of the nursing homes in the city. We also gave this facility phenomenal grades in all four of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Milwaukee senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Wisconsin Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Wisconsin Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Wisconsin Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to faring well in its overall grade, this nursing home earned an excellent short-term care score. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that area. Short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. Nursing ratings are mostly based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning patients more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center?
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are quite insignificant. It doesn't appear that we were able to find information on deficiency's for this nursing home. We would like to have more information about this nursing home. Without information regarding deficiencies, it is difficult to assess this nursing home in terms of this category.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was long-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our higher scores in that category, with a B. Although this was not as dominant as a few of its other grades, it is still an excellent grade. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. One of the data points we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the senior population. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 7.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 3.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 13.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 16.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 5.98% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 92.12% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 13.34% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 17.08% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 17.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 14.13 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eastcastle Pl Bradford Ter Convalescent Center, 76.01% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 13 other nursing homes
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 7.54 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 7.77 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Davita - Humboldt Ridge1.01 miles away2211 N Humboldt Blvd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (414) 336-7200
- Total Renal Care Inc2.05 miles away733 E Capitol Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212Dialysis Stations: 13 (414) 906-0144
- Wisconsin Renal Care Group, LLC2.42 miles away161 W Wisconsin Ave, Ste 1100 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53203CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (414) 224-7666
- Davita - Rivercenter Dr2.68 miles away117 N Jefferson St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (414) 225-3740
- Wisconsin Renal Group l.l.c.2.82 miles away377 W River Woods Pkwy, Ste 111 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212Dialysis Stations: 25 (414) 967-9321
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Glendale2.91 miles away400 W Estabrook Blvd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 332-9960
- Childrens Hospital of Wi3.12 miles awayDialysis Unit - Mail Station 604 9000 W Wisconsin Ave, Box 1997 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53201Dialysis Stations: 5 (414) 266-2840
- Davita - Wisconsin Ave4.52 miles away3801 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (414) 937-8240