East Ridge Retirement Village is located in Miami, Florida, which is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of the most impressive grades that we offer. A grade of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the country. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
East Ridge Retirement Village
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Miami senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall grade, this facility also earned an excellent short-term care grade, with an A. With our short-term care score, we try to create a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. The nursing score considers many datapoints. The most important variable is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about East Ridge Retirement Village?
This nursing home also performed at a high level in the category of inspections. It received a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with a grade of B+. Inspection ratings are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. You can't do much better than a deficiency-free inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we looked at, this facility received an impressive grade grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this score, the facility wrapped up a very impressive report card. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.28058 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Ridge Retirement Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 9.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 2.16% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients which experienced a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 0.77% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 22.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 17.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 0% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 99.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 16.88% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 23.01% of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 23.01% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 5.94% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 82.03% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- Baptist Hospital of MiamiAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away8900 N Kendall Dr Miami Florida 33176Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 596-1960
- South Miami HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away6200 Sw 73rd St Miami Florida 33143Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 662-4000
- Larkin Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away7031 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33143Proprietary(305) 284-7500
- West Kendall Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away9555 Sw 162 Ave Miami Florida 33196Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 467-2011
- Homestead HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away975 Baptist Way Homestead Florida 33033Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 243-8000
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away5000 University Dr Miami Florida 33146Voluntary non-profit - Other(305) 666-2111
- Nicklaus Children's HospitalChildrens 10.93 miles away3100 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33155Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 666-6511
- Westchester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.04 miles away2500 Sw 75th Ave Miami Florida 33155Proprietary(305) 263-9270
- South Dade Kidney Center1.61 miles away11040 Sw 184 Street Miami Florida 33157Dialysis Stations: 23 (305) 259-1516
- Bma - Cutler Ridge1.62 miles away18942 S Dixie Hwy Miami Florida 33157CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (305) 252-7575
- Fresenius Kidney Care Perrine2.3 miles away10850 Sw 184th Street Miami Florida 33157Dialysis Stations: 21 (305) 232-5915
- Fmc - South Miami3.26 miles away8770 Sw 144th St Miami Florida 33176CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 255-3100
- West Kendall Dialysis Center6.5 miles away12000 Sw 131st Ave Miami Florida 33186CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (305) 254-4840
- Dadeland Dialysis6.62 miles away9175 Sw 87th Ave Miami Florida 33176Dialysis Stations: 18 (305) 273-3830
- Fmc - Naranja7.68 miles away26585 S Dixie Highway Homestead Florida 33032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 257-1031
- Bma - Kendall7.8 miles away9193 Sw 72nd St # 100-B Miami Florida 33173Dialysis Stations: 30 (305) 279-2010