East Ridge Retirement Village is located in Miami, Florida, which is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country. This turns out to be an A rated facility. This nursing home was given one of the highest ratings that we offer. A score in this range requires first-rate marks across the board. This nursing home even proved to be one of the better nursing homes in the city, which boasts as impressive a group of facilities as any city in Florida. One of the major highlights of this facility's remarkable profile is its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next section.
East Ridge Retirement Village
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received a very impressive short-term care score. In fact, this turned out to be its best category. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of A. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing scores are mostly associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about East Ridge Retirement Village?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also fared very well in the category of long-term care, where it received a grade of A-. Only a select group of nursing homes received a better grade in this area. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 98.51852 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Turning to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's recent inspections. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category. This completed this place's straight A report card. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. You can't do much better than a deficiency-free inspection report.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Ridge Retirement Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients which experienced a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 2.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 94.94% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 34 other nursing homes
- Baptist Hospital of MiamiAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away8900 N Kendall Dr Miami Florida 33176Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 596-1960
- South Miami HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away6200 Sw 73rd St Miami Florida 33143Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 662-4000
- Larkin Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away7031 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33143Proprietary(305) 284-7500
- West Kendall Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away9555 Sw 162 Ave Miami Florida 33196Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 467-2011
- Homestead HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away975 Baptist Way Homestead Florida 33033Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 243-8000
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away5000 University Dr Miami Florida 33146Voluntary non-profit - Other(305) 666-2111
- Nicklaus Children's HospitalChildrens 10.93 miles away3100 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33155Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 666-6511
- Westchester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.04 miles away2500 Sw 75th Ave Miami Florida 33155Proprietary(305) 263-9270
- South Dade Kidney Center1.61 miles away11040 Sw 184 Street Miami Florida 33157Dialysis Stations: 23 (305) 259-1516
- Bma - Cutler Ridge1.62 miles away18942 S Dixie Hwy Miami Florida 33157CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (305) 252-7575
- Fresenius Kidney Care Perrine2.3 miles away10850 Sw 184th Street Miami Florida 33157Dialysis Stations: 21 (305) 232-5915
- Fmc - South Miami3.26 miles away8770 Sw 144th St Miami Florida 33176CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 255-3100
- West Kendall Dialysis Center6.5 miles away12000 Sw 131st Ave Miami Florida 33186CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (305) 254-4840
- Dadeland Dialysis6.62 miles away9175 Sw 87th Ave Miami Florida 33176Dialysis Stations: 18 (305) 273-3830
- Fmc - Naranja7.68 miles away26585 S Dixie Highway Homestead Florida 33032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 257-1031
- Bma - Kendall7.8 miles away9193 Sw 72nd St # 100-B Miami Florida 33173Dialysis Stations: 30 (305) 279-2010