East Ridge Retirement Village is located in Miami, Florida, which is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country. This turns out to be an A rated facility. This nursing home was given one of the highest ratings that we offer. A score in this range requires first-rate marks across the board. This nursing home even proved to be one of the better nursing homes in the city, which boasts as impressive a group of facilities as any city in Florida. One of the major highlights of this facility's remarkable profile is its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next section.
East Ridge Retirement Village
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received a very impressive short-term care score. In fact, this turned out to be its best category. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of A. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing scores are mostly associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about East Ridge Retirement Village?
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. This is really what you want to see on an inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The fourth area we graded was long-term care, where this facility received an A-. This rounded out a first-rate report card. Few facilities earned an A- or better in in each area we assessed. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 99.28058 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Ridge Retirement Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents which have pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often linked to poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 2.43% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 94.61% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Ridge Retirement Village, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 34 other nursing homes
- Baptist Hospital of MiamiAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away8900 N Kendall Dr Miami Florida 33176Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 596-1960
- South Miami HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away6200 Sw 73rd St Miami Florida 33143Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 662-4000
- Larkin Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away7031 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33143Proprietary(305) 284-7500
- West Kendall Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away9555 Sw 162 Ave Miami Florida 33196Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 467-2011
- Homestead HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away975 Baptist Way Homestead Florida 33033Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 243-8000
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away5000 University Dr Miami Florida 33146Voluntary non-profit - Other(305) 666-2111
- Nicklaus Children's HospitalChildrens 10.93 miles away3100 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33155Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 666-6511
- Westchester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.04 miles away2500 Sw 75th Ave Miami Florida 33155Proprietary(305) 263-9270
- South Dade Kidney Center1.61 miles away11040 Sw 184 Street Miami Florida 33157Dialysis Stations: 23 (305) 259-1516
- Bma - Cutler Ridge1.62 miles away18942 S Dixie Hwy Miami Florida 33157CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (305) 252-7575
- Fresenius Kidney Care Perrine2.3 miles away10850 Sw 184th Street Miami Florida 33157Dialysis Stations: 21 (305) 232-5915
- Fmc - South Miami3.26 miles away8770 Sw 144th St Miami Florida 33176CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 255-3100
- West Kendall Dialysis Center6.5 miles away12000 Sw 131st Ave Miami Florida 33186CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (305) 254-4840
- Dadeland Dialysis6.62 miles away9175 Sw 87th Ave Miami Florida 33176Dialysis Stations: 18 (305) 273-3830
- Fmc - Naranja7.68 miles away26585 S Dixie Highway Homestead Florida 33032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 257-1031
- Bma - Kendall7.8 miles away9193 Sw 72nd St # 100-B Miami Florida 33173Dialysis Stations: 30 (305) 279-2010