East Park Care Center is a nursing home located in Brookpark, Ohio, which has a total of 19,201 people. This nursing home turns out to be a middle of the road facility, with an overall grade of B-. You could definitely do worse than this place. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its stellar inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
East Park Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Brookpark senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The second best category we awarded this nursing home in any category came in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a B-. Our long-term care scores are more important for residents in need of more conventional services related to personal care. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility vaccinated 98.38709 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable figure. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about East Park Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed was short-term care, where this facility received a C in this area. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The final category we scored is nursing, proved to be this facility's weakest category. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in this category. This really was one of just a few weak links on a strong report card. Our nursing category is based on a handful of subcategories, many of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these data points to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Park Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In East Park Care Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In East Park Care Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In East Park Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who sustained a UTI. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In East Park Care Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In East Park Care Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In East Park Care Center, 21.39% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In East Park Care Center, 88.91% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In East Park Care Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In East Park Care Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In East Park Care Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In East Park Care Center, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Park Care Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 7.21 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.02 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 12.07 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West1.02 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis1.95 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis2.2 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights2.33 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Davita - Parma Dialysis2.66 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Davita - Villa of Great Northern4.5 miles away22710 Fairview Center Dr., Ste 100 Cleveland Ohio 44126Dialysis Stations: 7 (440) 734-4630
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis4.79 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis5.95 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700